cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Skip Rapidly on 2103.1 and Later

cstrail
Local Performer

This also happening to me.  Google Pixel 4a.

Android version: 11

Android Build #: RQ2A.210405.005

Pandora Version 2103.1 

Android Tuner 21031004

Can play just fine on Verizon LTE, or even my Google Nest Guest Wifi, but will not play all on my normal WiFi.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data and cache, reset network on the phone - none of this works.  Girlfriend has exact same phone on same network and it works fine.  She has same version on Pandora on her phone.

Wish this would get fixed - I normally listen to pandora about 6 hours + / day.  This just started on my phone this past week.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Virus_Brian I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs Skip Rapidly on 2103.1 and Later

I recommend running through our standard troubleshooting steps here, if you haven't already: Android Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can report this?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have any error messages popped up?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

cstrail
Local Performer

Just an update of something I tried.  I used my phone that does not work, logged out, and logged in with girlfriends account and everything works fine - so not sure what is wrong but it must be something with my account.  Yet my account works fine when not on wifi...Just used it for 45 minutes on LTE this morning.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cstrail. 👋

Just to confirm, the songs are skipping through rapidly without playing when you attempt to listen to one of your stations?

Also, do you notice any error messages or "buffering" messages?

Thanks so much for running through the troubleshooting and for providing your device details. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ritchie56
Local Performer

having the same issue. uninstalled and reinstalled. still doing it.

no error messages whatsoever

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ritchie56. 👋

Thank you for reporting this. Sounds like you may have run through the standard troubleshooting steps for Android devices (like clearing the app data): Android Troubleshooting

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

jcamacho1205
Local Performer

I provide IT suppot for my company and i have the exact same issue with two different devices on our network.  On my iphone i downloaded and created a pandora account and it works just fine.  On their Galaxy s9 and s20 it only works on cell data.  when on wifi it will just constantly skip to the next song..no error message just says buffering.  I have cleared cache, data, uninstalled, reinstalled, power cycled phone, cleared android system cache...i performed all of the basic and advanced troubleshooting posted in other pandora articles...verified it has all permissions and no battery restrictions.  the app is installed locally on the phone and not on SD card...im at a loss.  Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jcamacho1205. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. I completely understand your frustration. I'd like to share your specific issue to our engineering team on an internal ticket so they can continue investigating this.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S20
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

++

Also, I do see that there is one iPhone device associated with the Pandora account / Community profile you're using. We don't share private information publicly on the Pandora Community. I'm going to DM you shortly to gather the email address(es) associated with the Android devices you mentioned in your post. I'd like to enable a trace on the account(s) to share with our engineering team as well. 

Let me know what you're able to find out. 🎧

0 Kudos

stevemmiller
Local Performer

Hello Alyssa I have the exact same issue with my Galaxy S8.  Started a week or two ago.  I have reinstalled and powered Off and On.

This is a model SM-G950U1

Android version 9, Kernal 4.4.153, Patch level Dec 1, 2020

Build number PPR1.180610.011.G950U1UES8DUB1

Carrier Verizon, but an unlocked phone.

Pandora version 2104.1

IE, same issue is that the app keeps skipping through songs without playing them.  

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @stevemmiller. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience and your device details. 

I've shared your information with our engineering team so they can dig deeper into what is causing this issue. 

Could you confirm whether this happens while using WiFi or Cellular Data?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

stevemmiller
Local Performer

This happens on WiFi.  If I switch to Cell it buffers and plays.  If I switch the Wifi back on it reverts on the next song or when the buffering ends.

0 Kudos

jcamacho1205
Local Performer

I have replied to you via DM. thanks in advance for your help!

stevemmiller
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora So are there any suggestions on how to fix this issue on my device?  I see that it has been going on for a long time on various versions.  How do I escalate this to get a fix?

0 Kudos

cornmuse
Local Performer

Same problem here - Pixel 4a.  All troubleshooting steps taken.  Issue is only on one phone - the account seems to work fine from another phone.  Finally, and out of desperation, logged out of the "premium" account and set up a free account under a different email and it seems to be working without skipping.  This is clearly an issue with Pandora and not with the phone as there are no other performance issues with any other streaming music platforms.  Obviously Pandora hasn't done a very good job of documenting a fix since this seems to be a long-running issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @stevemmiller. 👋

Thanks for the follow up, and sorry for the continued trouble. My suggestion would be running through the standard troubleshooting steps here, if you haven't already: Android Troubleshooting

At this time, I do not have an ETA or a timeline for this fix. However, I have created an internal ticket that our engineering team is aware of. When I receive updates, I will post them in this thread. Feel free to let me know if you notice anything as I can update the ticket with that info too.

++

Hi there, @cornmuse. 👋

Could you share the following so that I can add this to the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team?

• Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this one. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jayhawkadam
Local Performer

My Pandora account today started skipping every song and not playing anything and I have clear data I even uninstalled and reinstalled. What is the problem? I'm using an Android

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jayhawkadam. 👋

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. Can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can report this?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ahritter
Underground

Mine is doing the same. (Mainly with Android auto) Usually works ok when I'm connected to my home wifi in garage, but a couple songs in it starts skipping songs then I have to disconnect my phone since it takes over all the other audio since it keeps trying to retrieve songs. I've tried deleting cache, restarts, checking updates, checking wifi and 5G settings, etc. It sometimes works, but lately very rarely. It's driving me crazy since the I end up very distracted and have to pull over. The worst is if I'm also using Google navigation and can't even listen to my car radio since pandora is spinning track to track. 

Samsung galaxy note 10+5G

Android 11

Pandora V2105.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ahritter Thanks so much for reporting this. We've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Virus_Brian
Local Performer

So today I wake up and instantly try to start Pandora but it was off. It would not try to start any song as if the data was bad or something and kept skipping songs. I checked the app store and I saw that there was a update button obviously me when you keep all my apps up today I updated the app. It seems like it made it worse. My Pandora seem like it was skipping songs faster. If you have a solution of what it is doing let me know please.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Virus_Brian I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs Skip Rapidly on 2103.1 and Later

I recommend running through our standard troubleshooting steps here, if you haven't already: Android Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can report this?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos