cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Skip through Rapidly Without Playing 2009.2 and later

sstghnd33
Local Performer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled pandora. I can't listen to anything at all. The track keeps skipping to the next. How can I fix this?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone 👋

If you're experiencing this issue on your Android device while using Pandora App Version 2103.1 or later, please post on this thread: Songs Skip Rapidly on 2103.1 and Later

For troubleshooting, you can try these steps.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
42 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sstghnd33. 👋

Sorry for the trouble. I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps below.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

FlameStrike
Underground

I am having this same problem on multiple devices. On one, it just keeps skipping everything. On the other, I managed several songs before the problem started.

On that device, I shut down Pandora, cleared the cache, and managed one song after restarting. Then I shut down Pandora again, cleared cache and data, restarted and logged in, and managed one song before the problem popped up again.

Both devices are Samsung devices, in case that's relevant. I have not tried on anything else yet. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @FlameStrike. 👋

Sorry that you're encountering this issue. Sounds like you've run through our normal troubleshooting steps here.

Are you still using your Tracfone - Model A574BL?

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? 

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

FlameStrike
Underground

I wasn't planning on using that one, but since I didn't have any obvious problems with it when I tested it earlier, I will for the time being. 

The devices where I had the problem are both Samsung devices. One is a tablet, model SM-T380, wifi only (no carrier) running Android 9 and Pandora 2007.1

The other is a phone: model SM-S260DL from Tracfone. It is also connected by wifi, not using mobile data, running Android 9 and Pandora 2007.1

The A574BL, also connected to wifi and running Android 7.1.1 and Pandora 2007.1, managed three songs in a row before I stopped to get something to eat. I also checked my Roku, again on wifi, and had no problems while testing it.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FlameStrike Thanks for the follow up. Reporting this ASAP. 

Again, thanks so much for your patience.

0 Kudos

daniblane9
Underground

When opening up my pandora app on my phone, I am unable to listen to any songs due to it rapidly flipping through the songs I have on that channel. It goes through about 50 without playing any then gives me an unable to retrieve music from pandora box. Any ideas how to fix this? I have uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, logged out and back in, with no changes.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @daniblane9. 👋

Sounds like you've tried out the basic troubleshooting steps for Android devices here.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Does this happen on any station? Or, is it one specific station? 
  • Looks like you're upgraded to Premium, are you in offline mode when the songs skip rapidly?

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

daniblane9
Underground

It is every station I choose and it is both on and off line.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daniblane9 I'd like to report your issue. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

daniblane9
Underground
  • Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
  • Verizon
  • Android Version 8.0.0
  • Pandora Version 2008.1 (Android-Tuner 2008.1RC6)

Hope this helps!! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daniblane9 Thanks so much! I've shared your feedback and device information with our engineering team. Appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🛠

0 Kudos

cjennings
Local Performer

I, too, am unable to listen to Pandora due to songs rapidly skipping without playing.  I have uninstalled ap and reinstalled, I have cleared memory, to no avail.  I have a Samsung SM-J727A.  It sounds like Pandora ap is not compatible with Samsung.  Appreciate any help you can offer.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cjennings. 👋

Sounds like you've run through the basic troubleshooting steps here. Could you share more information about your device?

• Model: Samsung SM-J727A
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Or, does this happen in offline mode?

Let me know. 🎧

mikemyers
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.  I had it before and solved it but can't recall how.  This time have already tried clearing data and cache but nothing has worked.  I see no solutions in this thread.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mikemyers. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I'd like to report your issue to our Android engineers.

Would you mind sending over more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

I look forward to hearing back!

LisaBeth
Underground

I am having the same trouble with my Pandora app, skipping rapidly though songs without playing.  I have gone through the basic troubleshooting steps on the help page and the problem persists.

• Model: ONEPLUS A5010
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9
  • Pandora version: 4.2

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @LisaBeth. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening during your listening sessions. Thanks so much for running through the troubleshooting steps and for letting me know your device info.

Looks like you're running Pandora App Version 2004.2. We're currently offering app version 2009.2. Are you update to update to a new version on your device?

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know. 🎧

LisaBeth
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I checked my Pandora app version and I had mis-typed. I am using version 2009.2.  I reinstalled Pandora and rebooted my phone.  Unfortunately none of this has resolved the skipping issue.  Do you have another suggestion?

Lisa Beth

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LisaBeth Unfortunately, I do not have any additional suggestions as it sounds like you've gone through all of the troubleshooting steps. 

I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team for further review, on your behalf. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Thanks so much for your patience while we look into this. 🎧