cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs louder on phone

warrwirr
Underground

At home I am hearing Pandora mostly via Sonos. There is almost no necessity for volume adjustments between two songs.

But now during my holidays (in Iceland) on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ I encounter the annoying phenomenon that songs appear two to three times louder / quieter than the others.

Do you know a way to fix it?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@warrwirr I moved your post to the Android space since you mentioned this only happens on your phone.

Before we get started, can you confirm that you are streaming Pandora on your phone when this happens?

I ask because you mentioned that songs only appear louder when you are in Iceland - since Pandora is only legally offered to listeners located in the United States at this time, you shouldn't actually be able to stream Pandora while you are there.

To clarify, are you using a VPN to stream Pandora while in Iceland?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

warrwirr
Underground

--- Meanwhile the problem is solved by activating the "do not disturb" function --'

Hello Adam,

thanks for your quick reaction.
Yes, I confess: your conclusion is right. CyberGhost VPN is the bridge for streaming.

I can only compare the situation with the streaming of Calm Radio (directly without VPN): here the described changes do not happen. I found out that push messages on the smartphone can trigger them while connected to Pandora. May be also that my bluetooth connected speaker has the cause.

Best regards
warrwirr

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@warrwirr Thanks for following up with that information.

It sounds like you are using a VPN which is rerouting your internet connection. Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

If this continues to be an issue when you return to the United States (when you aren't using a VPN), please make sure to reach back out and let us know. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😁

0 Kudos

PeytonM
Local Performer

I have been experiencing the same issue using my Samsung Galaxy phone. I start using Pandora at a volume that's comfortable to my ears, and within a minute or so it is considerably louder. This happens without fail every time, regardless of the type of song that is playing. I have not noticed this issue with any other apps

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PeytonM. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this Android thread: Songs louder on phone

Are you using a bluetooth device or headphones when this issue happens?

Does this issue occur if you listen to Pandora without any other devices connected?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos