cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble manually editing playlist

kschmuhl83
Local Performer

I can't figure out how to reorder my Playlist songs. I click and hold on the track name and it just opens the track info. I try clicking and holding on the ellipsis on the right and dragging and it doesn't move. I'm on an Android Pixel 2 Xl, app is up to date. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

kschmuhl83
Local Performer

I just figured it out and will share in case others have this issue. I was trying to reorder from the view mode of the Playlist. You have to click the small edit button on the left side of the Playlist controls. Could someone at Pandora please add this step to the instructions on the help guides. I know it seems obvious now that I know. I assumed I could edit a Playlist when I click on it to view it. It's not clear there's an edit mode. Make the edit button bigger might help also. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

kschmuhl83
Local Performer

I just figured it out and will share in case others have this issue. I was trying to reorder from the view mode of the Playlist. You have to click the small edit button on the left side of the Playlist controls. Could someone at Pandora please add this step to the instructions on the help guides. I know it seems obvious now that I know. I assumed I could edit a Playlist when I click on it to view it. It's not clear there's an edit mode. Make the edit button bigger might help also. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @kschmuhl83. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback, and sorry for any trouble you've experienced. I moved your post over to the My Collection board to keep the community organized.

To edit the playlist content:

Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to edit.

To remove individual songs, simply swipe the song title from right to left.

To delete multiple songs or to make any other changes to your playlist, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• To remove songs scroll down and press the circled (X) to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
  • To adjust the order of your playlist, hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.
  • To rename your playlist, tap the current name.

If you're in Edit mode, tap Next (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

To edit the Thumbs on a playlist:

If this happened during your current listening session, all you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen tap the highlighted Thumb icon you'd like to remove.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the playlist's "backstage page" to make that change.

Here's how to edit Thumbs from the backstage page:

1. From My Collection, filter your collection by Playlists.
  2. Tap on the name of the playlist you'd like to edit, this will take you directly to the station's backstage page.
  3. Swipe left on the track and tap on the highlighted Thumb icon you'd like to remove.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

moremissy
Local Performer

actually, neither answer is very helpful...  in my case... the teeny tiny little edit button is sometimes there and sometimes not.  today it is NOT.

and on mobile, it's seemingly impossible to do anything but delete and add.

perhaps i'm an idiot (but i think not) perhaps i am blind (possible-lol)

regardless, such a simple function that is missing

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@moremissy Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for the help with this! 

0 Kudos