cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Play from "All Songs" for Any Artist

essc2316
Opening Act

Cannot play songs when I select an artist, all songs, and then select a song from there. The play icon is there but nothing happens. I used to be able to select a song from the all songs menu, push the play icon on the right hand side, and it would play only music from that artist. It does not work anymore. Anyone else have this trouble?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
32 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@essc2316 I definitely understand your frustration with this.

I have passed your additional feedback along to our engineers - thanks for your continued patience with this as they work to find a fix. 🚧🛠

0 Kudos

Sketchyhazs
Local Performer

Ive litterally been having this problem since the last update..... Was litterally letting me listening to "all songs" on any artists page the night before update... Now it wont let me.. Im a premium.member too

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sketchyhazs👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. Could you share the following?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Let me know, and I can share your info with engineering.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Sketchyhazs
Local Performer

galaxy s10+ At&t android version 9 pandora ver is 2006.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sketchyhazs Thanks for providing those details.

I've reported your issue to our engineering team to investigate further.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Still waiting for a fix or an update on this.  Such a bummer

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@essc2316 I've shared your feedback with our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us understand what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

Unfortunately, the variety of Android models can lead to a longer resolution process, since we may need to create solutions that address each different phone and device. Thanks again for your patience during this process.

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Does this feature actually work for anyone? A couple months ago the feature to play all songs from an artist stopped working on my device.  I've contacted Pandora multiple times, and they say it's due to the variety of android devices. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10. I used to be able to select the artist, select all songs, pushed the play button next to the top song listed and then I could shuffle all the tracks from that artist. That feature is gone. Does not work anymore. It's very frustrating when I just want to listen to one artist. Does it work for anyone?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@essc2316 I moved your post back to this thread to keep the community organized.

Unfortunately, this is something our engineers are still looking into.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will provide you with an update when the fix is officially released. 🛠

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Playing tracks from the all songs list started working for me yesterday.  Tried multiple artists and it has been working for the ones I tried.  Ill keep my fingers crossed it holds up because I really enjoy this feature and its one of the main reasons I use premium. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@essc2316 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

0 Kudos

Amandasaxer06
Local Performer

I don't think you guys are getting the problem. Spotify for example, you pick an artist. It shows you all that artists songs you click the first song, and it will continue to play every song.. Pandora used to have the same. Pick an artist, go to top songs section, click all songs. You would click the top song and all those songs would continue to play, until that artist list ran out. Please fix

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Amandasaxer06. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

We previously opened a ticket with our engineering team to fix this issue. It sounds like you're currently running into this during your listening sessions.

From an artist's backstage page, clicking on "See All Songs" within the "Top Songs" section, it should play the songs for that specific artist - unless those songs are labeled as "Radio Only".

If you haven't already, I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps to see if helps resolve the issue first.

++

If you continue to have trouble with this, I can report this on your behalf. Would you mind sharing more information about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Which artist(s) have you noticed this issue with?

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos