cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: What do the app icons mean?

susanjbritt
Local Performer

What do the circle icons mean?  I'm a premium subscriber and I'm trying to download a playlist.  Some of the songs have blue circles with a check mark and some have green circles with a down arrow.  What do they mean?

NVM.  Took some work but finally figured them out and got them all downloaded (green).

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @susanjbritt. 👋

The blue circles with the check mark indicate that those have been downloaded for offline listening.

Your three most popular stations (along with Thumbprint Radio) will automatically download for you to access in Offline Mode.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @susanjbritt. 👋

The blue circles with the check mark indicate that those have been downloaded for offline listening.

Your three most popular stations (along with Thumbprint Radio) will automatically download for you to access in Offline Mode.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

OleG
Underground

I'm a Plus subscriber. What does the green circle with downward arrow mean?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OleG That means that station has been downloaded for Offline Mode.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

It means Pandora just used up all the available space in your phone against your will.

0 Kudos

OleG
Underground

So it doesn't mean it's available for download, it has already been downloaded? So, can I play it without being online?

Also, I noticed those stations have only a few, 10 or less,  selections and some as few as 4. Even though I have 148 thumbs up across all my stations (120) the stations that Pandora builds for me to download only have a few songs. I guess I don't get it? When I'm in my car I'd like to play all my favorite music without having to pull over to change stations.

I also have heads up display which allows me to choose Pandora but I have to still sign in from my Android phone which is not ideal.

0 Kudos

OleG
Underground

I'm lucky I guess because space is a non issue for me. I have a Galaxy Note 9 that has 512GB internal plus I have a 250GB SD card.

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

I only have 64g with 3g available now that Pandora has decided to take over.

0 Kudos

Somik
Local Performer

what is the green arrow down on a song icon?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Somik. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

The green circle with the down pointing arrow indicates that the song / album / playlist / station has been downloaded. This icon will only show up for Plus and Premium subscribers. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🎧

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

Why don't you address the fact that you can't stop Pandora from taking up all the space on your phone with unwanted downloads?

0 Kudos