cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Pandora app doesn't appear

cmac1156
Local Performer

Pandora no longer shows in list of apps in android auto. This is happening in the app itself and not showing when Samsung 10+ connected via USB in 2021 Hyundai Palisade.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

cmac1156
Local Performer

Solved by restarting phone and app reappeared in android auto. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @cmac1156! Thanks for posting.

I haven't heard of this happening before. I'd like to start with some basics.

First, I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. Second, I'd like you to perform the following troubleshooting steps on your phone. 

From your Android Settings, please clear the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. 

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. When you've logged back in, reconnect to Android Auto.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cmac1156
Local Performer

Solved by restarting phone and app reappeared in android auto. 

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @cmac1156! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tisme
Underground

I have been unable to access Pandora in Android Auto for the past few days via usb connection with my Samsung S22 ultra connected to my 21 Subaru Forester. Always was able to listen to Pandora in Android Auto prior. I have tried all of the above recommendations with no luck. Pandora does not even show up in list of apps when trying to customize the AA launcher.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tisme I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tisme
Underground
Thank you!

Tisme
Underground

The fix that worked for me: uninstall & reinstall the Pandora app. I tried everything to try to fix this; restarting my phone, clearing cache & data on both my Pandora app and Android Auto app, making sure there were no battery use restrictions in the battery settings, checking for updates, etc. None of that worked for me. I still could not get Pandora to show in my list of apps in Android Auto. After trying to troubleshoot with Pandora's support team, I decided to try to uninstall then reinstall Pandora. That is what finally fixed the problem and Pandora is now showing in my list of apps in AA.

I would like to add that I'm very impressed with Pandora's support team in trying to help me fix this problem via email. They were very responsive and timely. Thank you Pandora.

Troy4mcfadd3n
Local Performer

I am having the same issue since the last few days. Samsung S10 in a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek. 

0 Kudos

Tisme
Underground

Did you try to uninstall the Pandora app then reinstall it? That is what fixed the problem for me.

smcdevitt
Local Performer

This same issue just happened to me. The Pandora app disappeared from the list of available apps in Android Auto. I restarted my phone and it reappeared.

0 Kudos

JasonHC73
Local Performer

Samsung S22

Android Auto. Uninstalled reinstalled. Not showing in list of apps. 

++

After restarting the phone it shows up. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

highpks
Local Performer

Slightly different solution for me (Samsung S22+):
Went to the Play Store and the installed Pandora app had options to : Uninstall and Enable
Pressing Enable did nothing, and stayed as Enable
So, I went into Settings->Apps->Pandora and noticed "Remove permissions if app is unused" was set. Turned that off and when I went back to the Play Store, the Enable button now said update.
After the update, Pandora appeared in the Customize launcher list for Android Auto.

Roselynnda624
Local Performer

Pandora does not show up on my Android Auto after going through all the steps above.

I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Roselynnda624 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Android Auto. If the above steps didn't help, I recommend reaching out to Android Auto Help for further assistant.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos