cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Playback stops when using Shuffle

coltonc18
Underground

I have 15 stations attached to my shuffle, and listen to it in my car. I only get like 15 maybe 20, if that, songs out of it before it stops playing, and I have to click to start the shuffle over again.

Sometimes the shuffle will start to play one song, then just stop. I used to be able to play this shuffle for weeks or months before it would get through everything.

Pandora and Android auto are fully up to date, using a Pixel 5 also fully updated.

Listening to it in my 2018 Ford Explorer, via a USB cable.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @coltonc18!

A few changes were made that should help. Can you try again and let me know if you're still experiencing the same behavior?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @coltonc18! Super odd that shuffle would just stop.

Does this only happen when connected to Android Auto or have you noticed shuffle stops on your Pixel outside of your vehicle too?

Are there any error message, either on your phone or on Android Auto?

Can you confirm the Pandora version that you are currently on? If you need help finding this, let me know. 

Thanks!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

Hello,

The version is 2107.1, and I don't really listen to it on my phone outside of the car. I can probably just play it on my phone and set it aside and see what happens if that would help?

It happened twice in a 40 min drive this morning.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@coltonc18 That would be very helpful, thanks! 

I've enabled a trace on your account, let me know the time and date it happens again and I can take a closer look. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

coltonc18
Underground

Also there are no error messages at all. Sometimes it will start to play one sone then just stop and go back to like the pandora main screen where I choose from channels I have, and I have to switch to stations so I can click shuffle again.

It will show currently playing on the shuffle even though nothing is playing. When I click on it, it just loads a new song and starts up again. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@coltonc18 And this is when you use it with Android Auto and not just phone?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

That's correct 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@coltonc18 Go ahead and try to see if you can replicate this same behavior just on your phone. If you're not able to, let me know the time and date it happens again in your car. I'll take a closer look at the logs for anything notable. 

Please note, because of the weekend, there may be a delay in response. Thanks again!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

Hello,

It happened in the car around 1 pm on Sunday. I thumbed down on a song that was playing, and I looked at it to see why it wasn't playing next song and it was stopped. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

It happened again today around 11:48 am. Thanks! 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @coltonc18! Thanks for following up. 

I looked through the trace logs and didn't see anything useful. I've gone ahead and escalated to our engineering team and created a ticket for further investigation. 

Unfortunately, I don't believe our troubleshooting steps would be helpful in this case. I've included your information and will post updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

Would you like me to continue to tell you when it happens for further reference points?

It happened again at 2:11 today.

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @coltonc18 I've included the times and dates you've submitted, I think that should be enough but will let you know if that's changes. 

If anything else changes let me know, or if you experience this type of behavior outside of the car when listening through your phone. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

Hello, 

I don't normally listen on my phone, but after this message I did while working to see if this happened.

After listening for about 15 min it stopped playing and this error popped up saying

"This station is not currently available. Please choose another station instead" 

It was right around 4:57ish, and I had to click on shuffle again for it to start back up.  So same thing as in the car, except I dont get any error in the car.

Again, this was just me listening to the app on my phone in this instance.  

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @coltonc18!

A few changes were made that should help. Can you try again and let me know if you're still experiencing the same behavior?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

coltonc18
Underground

Yes, I will and will let you know.

Thanks!

coltonc18
Underground

I haven't had the issue happen all week, so whatever they did seems to have corrected or at least helped the issue.

Thanks!

TannerPandora

Yay! Glad to hear its working, @coltonc18! 🙌 🎉  Thanks for following up. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BULLET69
Local Performer

Sure and Thanks 🙏

0 Kudos