cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android - Skips song every 10-20 seconds

PJVE1
Underground

Pandora on Android continues to skip (as if I'm hitting skip button) every 10-20 seconds. Even when I run out of skips it says, you are out of skips. Then plays the little noise every 10-20 seconds as if you're hitting the skip button when out of skips. Happens most of the time I'm connected to my car, and sometimes when connected to other devices. I've tried clearing cache and data, and uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora. 

On Moto Z4 android build 10

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @PJVE1! Welcome and thanks for posting to community!

When this happens in your vehicle or the other devices you mentioned, are you connected by bluetooth or USB or either?

In your vehicle, do you use Android Auto?

Can you let me know the Pandora version you're on? If you need help finding this, let me know. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PJVE1
Underground

Thanks for responding.

I use Bluetooth for all my devices.

It is connected to a Lincoln using sync.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora, so it should be the latest version. Version 2108.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @PJVE1! For Android devices, uninstalling the app doesn't always update the app, often users will need to ensure the app is updated separately. The current version of Pandora for Android devices is 2108.1

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Additionally, Pandora requires Android 7.0 or higher. To confirm the Android version you are running on your device, open Settings, General, About Device, and Android Version. 

If your device is running a version older than Android 7.0, you will need to update your device's operating system. 

For some Android devices, you can update by going to Settings > General > About device > Software updates > Check for update

If you are using a device that is not able to upgrade to Android 7.0 or higher, you should be able to use a previous version of the Pandora app. However, we cannot predict the behavior you’ll experience and you may find that it does not function as well.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PJVE1
Underground

My Pandora is version 2108.1

My Android version is 10

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @PJVE1

I believe this is related to your Android. I've passed along your experience and your information along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

In the meantime, let's try these steps to see if they will help:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps:*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different and you will be asked to log into your account after completely these steps. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PJVE1
Underground

I have tried that before I uninstalled and reinstalled. But I will try again. Let me know when they have a solution, thanks.