cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple CarPlay: Offline listening

Durango_Dave
Underground

I downloaded 75 Pandora stations offline for a recent trip to Denver since there isn't very good cell service along the route.  I can select any of these offline stations to play from my phone; however, only the most recently played stations show on the Apple CarPlay screen, even when I select Stations instead of Most Recent on the CarPlay Pandora screen.  I would like to be able to select these 75 offline stations from the CarPlay screen rather than my phone - any ideas?  🤔

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Durango_Dave!

Unfortunately, there are station limitations imposed on us when playing Pandora through CarPlay. While your offline content may appear in CarPlay, technically Offline Mode is not supported - meaning that all your stations would appear, downloaded or not.

I've personally gotten around this by using Siri voice commands to request stations when using CarPlay. It's worked pretty well for me in the past. I recommend manually turning on Offline Mode, then connect to your vehicle/CarPlay. Sometimes Siri can be finicky but I generally haven't had a problem in the past.

If you decide to try this out, I would give it a practice run while your car is parked to see how well Siri responds.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Durango_Dave!

Unfortunately, there are station limitations imposed on us when playing Pandora through CarPlay. While your offline content may appear in CarPlay, technically Offline Mode is not supported - meaning that all your stations would appear, downloaded or not.

I've personally gotten around this by using Siri voice commands to request stations when using CarPlay. It's worked pretty well for me in the past. I recommend manually turning on Offline Mode, then connect to your vehicle/CarPlay. Sometimes Siri can be finicky but I generally haven't had a problem in the past.

If you decide to try this out, I would give it a practice run while your car is parked to see how well Siri responds.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Durango_Dave
Underground

Great information Tanner, thanks for the input 😀  Actually the station list showing for the offline stations in CarPlay is the same as the offline Recent station list, not my online station list which has 250+ stations.  But I will give Siri a try - I'm an old fart at seventy years old but pretty good with and not afraid of technology so I guess I will have to give Siri a try 👍 My fallback position is that I can also keep my iPhone on the vent holder and select offline stations from there. BTW I love Pandora and it has been a music game changer for me 😊  

TannerPandora

Happy to offer some help, or at least a workaround, @Durango_Dave! So glad to hear you've been enjoying Pandora. I really love Pandora stations myself.

It's interesting that it shows your recent offline stations, I haven't had that same experience but good to know that can happen.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with Pandora.  Hope you have a wonderful trip! 🚗

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos