cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive/Android: Unable to skip when connect in vehicle

iDrakhaon
Local Performer

While listening in my car, pandora will randomly stop letting me skip until i close app. I have premium, and have made sure to keep it updated, I use mobile data most often and have never had issues until recently. Anyone know of a fix

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @iDrakhaon 

Welcome to community!

Happy to take a closer look. Could you share some additional info about your vehicle and how you're connected:

Vehicle:

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. Do you use an aftermarket stereo? If yes, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. How are you connected to your vehicle? Bluetooth or USB?
  4. Do you use Android Auto?

Mobile device

1. What is the model of your Android?
  2. What is your Android OS version?
  3. What is your Pandora version?

Thanks for the help with this!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TimS532
Local Performer

I have the same issue. I have a 2012 Ram, connected to BT. Never had issues with my Samsung S8, recently upgraded to a S23 and now I'm unable to skip or pause songs and if I try to change them it plays 2 songs at the same time.. I also pay for premium membership.

Just a bit of more info. My truck has the factory head unit. I have controls on the steering wheel UT once connected my display screen on my radio only has a pause button, no longer displays skip buttons. I can't skip on the truck or from my phone. I also can't pause from either.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

TannerPandora

Hi @TimS532

Welcome to community!

Sorry for any trouble when connected in your truck. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you please confirm your Android and Pandora version. Let me know if you need help finding either.

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MsRoxy
Local Performer

This is happening to me now.  Sometimes it is just fine, but majority of the time, I can't skip a song, If I go to my phone, it will skip it, but now both songs are playing. Also, the not stopping when I turn off my car is annoying! And I can't stop it, it plays to the end of the song. I've had to literally restart my phone to get it to stop!

Nmcdmc
Local Performer

I am also having this issue. It will stop skipping when the screen locks or after 2 or 3 song skips. And when you tyrn the car off it keeps playing on phone. Did not have this issue with spotify. 

1. Nissan, Versa 2018

2. No

3. Bluetooth

4. No

Mobile

1. Galaxy S23

2. Android 14, one UI version 6

3. 2401.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Nmcdmc 

Thanks for posting! I've passed this along to our engineering team.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Chesser123
Local Performer

I'm having the same Problem, I have a Nissan Morano 2021 and I'm connected Bluetooth. After the update on Pandora, it will no longer let me snip on any Bluetooth device. Not just my car. It freezes up, so I find myself looking at my phone while I'm driving like an idiot which is not safe. That is why I have Bluetooth.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Chesser123 

Thanks for posting your experience.

Can you confirm if you're on the latest OS for Android, One UI 6?

Could you also do me a favor and clear the app data and cache on your Android for Pandora and then try once more? I've enabled a trace on your account, and I'd like to take a closer look after you've cleared the data.

Here are the steps you can take:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

I appreciate the help!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Chesser123
Local Performer
I am on the latest update or whatever almost Android. I have cleared the cache I have signed out. I have signed back in if I clear the data. It's gonna clear everything that I've worked for to collect music for Pandora. So if I clear the data I might as well uninstall the app and install something different. And I really don't want to do that. I've worked a long time to get a good playlist for Pandora.  And that's why I switched from iHeartRadio 2 Pandora is because Pandora offers better music.Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Chesser123.

Clearing the cache for Pandora only deletes the temporary files that are stored on the device to help improve loading times. Clearing the app data for Pandora takes things one step further by resetting the app to default settings and requiring you to log back into the app. Since your Pandora collection follows the account, not the device, clearing app data would not cause you to lose the stations or playlists you've created as long as you sign back in with the email address on your account.

Hope this info is helpful. Let us know how it goes.* 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Darkside
Local Performer

Have this same problem. Worked great forever then new Samsung One UI came out around the beginning of the year and now I also get the random turn off the car and music continues playing on phone that can only be resolved by force stop of the app.  Often, I lose the ability to skip tracks in the car - even after it's been working for 3-4 previous tracks.

Have tried app storage clear- have tried re-pairing the phone since it feels like a Bluetooth problem. Nothings worked. **ahem** annoying! 

0 Kudos