cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth: Artist/Song Info not displaying on head unit

mschu
Local Performer

Just switched to an LG Velvet and now the Artist and Song information no longer shows while connected to Bluetooth in car.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
40 Replies

fredk
Underground

Any update @TannerPandora ? Who is working on this and what progress has been made so far? Please be specific. It has been 5 months., if there has been no progress in this period, it is hard to believe it will ever be resolved. I see Spotify is rolling out the Car Thing. If we can't get this issue resolved I may have to switch over to Spotify and use the Car Thing. Let me know, thanks.

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

Please respond.

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

@TannerPandora  I guess there will not be any help coming on this?

0 Kudos

Kenlee
Local Performer

FYI, I also had this problem, but managed to fix it.  Phone is Pixel 3.  Car is Hyundai Elantra Sport 2014

The cause was the AVRCP was updated to a default of version 1.5, but 1.4 or 1.3 is the compatible version for the head unit.

Steps to Fix:

1. Turn on Developer options: Settings>About Phone> then tap Build Number 7 times

2. Settings>System>Advanced>Developer Options>Bluetooth AVRCP Version

3. Change AVRCP Version to 1.3 or 1.4

4. Turn Bluetooth Off, then turn Bluetooth back on

5. Connect phone to the car by Bluetooth and it should work.  If it does not work, then change the AVRCP version to the other option (1.3 or 1.4)

RebeccaMc
Local Performer

Hey Kenlee, I wanted to thank you for posting this information to the forum. I checked the options on my phone and had the option of using AVRCP versions 1.3-1.6 and changed the setting on my phone back to 1.4 and the next time I got in my car, a 2016 Hyundai Elantra Sport, and used Pandora, the artist name and title of the song immediately came up on my car's display. I really appreciate that you not only figured out the potential issue, but took the time to post instructions on the forum for other people who are having the same issue.

I did have some trouble getting into developer mode on my phone, a Google Pixel 3, and since every Android phone is different, it may be a little difficult for some people. I'm lucky that my best friend is a former programmer who started when he was a teenager, going to the local Radio Shack and hacking into the computers they had on display. He was able to help me with this.

Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it!

Rebecca

xanvta
Local Performer

Same  issue with Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Prime) & Kenwood head unit DPX504BT.  How can I fix this issue?  The head unit plays the Pandora selection but shows "Reading" where the artist/song info should be.

0 Kudos

AshleeN
Local Performer

Hi @xanvta, thanks for posting to community.

We are currently investigating this issue and are working on it. I definitely understand how frustrating this experience can be. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

xanvta
Local Performer

Thank you.  I'll await your  reply.

0 Kudos

xanvta
Local Performer

Hello Ashlee,

Just checking back with regarding the issue of the artist and song info not displaying on my Kenwood head unit.  Has the engineering team had any luck?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Willyumkbooth
Local Performer

No matter what I do my song information wont display on kia radio screen. it works in my Ford truck. And my wifes phone shows the information in both the kia and Ford 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @xanvta

I checked in with the engineering team and they are still investigating this. Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Willyumkbooth! Thank you for posting to community!

Sorry for any trouble with this in your Kia. Our engineering team is currently investigating this. I'd like to add you to our ticket.

Can you please let me know the following:

• Make and model of your phone
  • The Pandora version you're on (if you need help finding this let me know)
  • The year of your Kia

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Willyumkbooth
Local Performer
Version 2106.1
I have a galaxy s9 plus and it's a 2013 kia sportage
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thank you for the info, @Willyumkbooth! I've passed this along to our engineering team. 

Apologies for the inconvenience in the mean time. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rlyon67
Local Performer

My wife and I just got new Iphone 12 cell phones....  When I use my cell phone for Pandora the Artist/Song information will appear...  When I use her cell phone that same information doesn't show on the head unit...  Please advise how to correct this issue...  The car is a 2019 Lexus RX-350...  Thank You...

0 Kudos

avalenz2539
Local Performer

Hello all..I am experiencing this issue as well I just upgraded my phone to Google Pixel 6...and I have a Kenwood ddx3 head unit. I have read the original thread...but that really didn't help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

absolutskier
Local Performer

2016 BMW 328i GT as of two weeks ago, no album art displaying via bluetooth. iPhone XS, Car has NBT EVO 4 software with the latest updates installed. 

0 Kudos

limaskth
Local Performer

Kenlee, you are my hero! lol I have spent hours trying to figure out how to get Pandora to display the song info on my 2015 Hyundai Elantra since I got my new phone (Pixel 6). No one at Verizon, Best Buy, Google, or the Google authorized repair center had any clue. It had gotten to the point of bugging me so much that I just stopped using Pandora and pulled out some old school CD's to listen to. lol After reading your super easy to follow instructions the problem was fixed in less than five minutes. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge!  😀

Kingdaddy4life
Local Performer

I have the same issue with a ddx595. Info won't display while the music plays. Did the developer trick switched to 1.3 and 1.4 and it did not solve the issue. Still need help

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kingdaddy4life! - Welcome to community! 👋

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you provide some additional  info about your phone:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
  • Which Pandora app version are you on? (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  • How is your phone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Thanks for the help!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos