cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth: Artist/Song Info not displaying on head unit

mschu
Local Performer

Just switched to an LG Velvet and now the Artist and Song information no longer shows while connected to Bluetooth in car.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RebeccaMc
Local Performer

Hey Kenlee, I wanted to thank you for posting this information to the forum. I checked the options on my phone and had the option of using AVRCP versions 1.3-1.6 and changed the setting on my phone back to 1.4 and the next time I got in my car, a 2016 Hyundai Elantra Sport, and used Pandora, the artist name and title of the song immediately came up on my car's display. I really appreciate that you not only figured out the potential issue, but took the time to post instructions on the forum for other people who are having the same issue.

I did have some trouble getting into developer mode on my phone, a Google Pixel 3, and since every Android phone is different, it may be a little difficult for some people. I'm lucky that my best friend is a former programmer who started when he was a teenager, going to the local Radio Shack and hacking into the computers they had on display. He was able to help me with this.

Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it!

Rebecca

View solution in original post

40 Replies

Cece2
Local Performer

In the past I use to be able to see the name of the song that was playing on my car display. I don’t know what has happen but the information is no longer being displayed.  My phone is a iPhone SE and my auto is a 2016 Toyota Scion iM.  

scio

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mschu! Thanks for posting. 

Can you tell me a little more about your vehicle?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. Can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

In the meantime, can you try reconnecting your bluetooth connection. 

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Cece2!

Is this happening while connected with Bluetooth or USB?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Aubreynwetten2
Local Performer

Hi there,

I have a 2014 VW Golf with Bluetooth accessibility. I’ve owned this car for over a year and the same iPhone for about the same amount of time. No problems- until very recently. 
  At this time I can play music in my car. However- when wanting to skip a song using my steering wheel controls or my radio controls it will not skip. The only way to skip is to touch my phone- which is a no go while driving... defeats the purpose of Bluetooth and radio. 
the other issue I have noticed is that the display on the stereo no longer shows the pandora station or any info in regards to this connection . 
 I tested a different iPhone with the pandora account and no problem. Everything was normal. So I’m not sure what is going on. I’ve deleted my profile, resigned on, (both in the car and the pandora station app) as well as reset the stereo’s factory settings. Still not working. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Aubreynwetten2! Thanks for posting.

Just to confirm, this is only happening on your current iPhone, it worked fine when you tried with the other iPhone? 

When you reset the factory settings did it ask to you establish a new bluetooth connection?

Could you tell me more about your iPhone?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

I've also enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what is happening. I know you've already uninstalled/reinstalled once, but would you mind doing this  again while the trace is enabled. Then please replicate this issue taking note of the time frame and date. I'd like to take a closer look. 

Thanks for the help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cfunk
Local Performer

I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner and a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime, and in both, the track details fail to display when using Pandora Premium via the Android app.

My phone is a Pixel 3a XL, latest available Android 11 update.

Is this known? Is there a workaround?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cfunk! Thanks for posting!

I merged your message into a new thread I just created (Artist/Song Info not displaying on head unit)  because it seems like we have a few listeners experiencing a similar issue

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us out. Can you confirm if this is happening while connected with Bluetooth or USB?

If you're using Bluetooth, can you please repair the connection for me. To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device." Then refer to your car's manual for the best steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. 

Also, can you let me know the current Pandora version you're on? Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks for the help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cfunk
Local Performer

Hey, @TannerPandora. Thanks for the suggestions. The steps you recommended did resolve the issue in my 4Runner, but not the Prius. The connection is Bluetooth.

The Android app version is 2010.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 20101015).

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @cfunk

I've created a ticket so our engineers can take a closer look at what may be happening with the meta data for bluetooth connections. 

Thanks for the info and your patience in the meantime! 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Paul2112
Local Performer

I'm having a similar situation with the track information not showing.   I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e and a Kenwood deck.  This has worked until recently,  I'm not sure if it was a phone update or an app update.   The deck just shows connecting, and I do get the songs playing, but the app no longer seems to go into car mode.  I checked the setting, and tried re-pairing the devices, but still head unit just shows connecting on display.   Phone will show Pandora display, not black car mode.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Paul2112. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• What is the make and model of your vehicle?
  • Can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

RebeccaMc
Local Performer

Hello, I am now having a problem with my 2016 Hyundai Elantra no longer displaying the song title and artist. I have a Google Pixel 3 and am using Pandora version 2101.1. This wasn't previously a problem, it seemed to start the last time the Pandora app updated. I connect to my car via Bluetooth and have tried deleting the info from my phone and car and repairing them but am still having the issue. I would appreciate any information or advice. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Agillism
Local Performer

I've been having this issue for a little while as well. I had my car for about 5 years and didn't have a single problem, but since around November 2020 or so, my artist/song info wont display on my head unit, and my steering wheel skip/replay wont work because of it. I have a Google Pixel 3, a 2015 VW Golf GTI (standard stereo), Pandora version 2101.1. I've tried repairing my connection numerous times, I've delete the app and cleared cache several times and none of it fixes my issue. It's getting very frustrating and I'm about to switch services. This is the last effort I'm going to make before I delete Pandora permanently.

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

I'm having the same issue as everyone else - Title and artist info used to display on my car radio - 2012 VW Golf R with factory radio. It happened when I got a new phone - my old phone was a Pixel XL (original), my new phone is a Pixel 5 unlocked on T-Mobile running Android 11 build number RQ2A.210305.006. I am running the latest version of Pandora as best I can tell - v 2101.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21011004). I have removed and recreated the bluetooth connection several times and tried  restarting my phone and reinstalling the pandora app. You may trace my account. Please let me know what can be done. Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @fredk @Agillism @RebeccaMc! Thanks for posting your experiences, sorry to hear this is happening.

We're aware of the issue and are investigating. I've gone ahead and added you to our ticket. I'll post updates as they are made available here. 

For anyone else that may be experiencing this and would like to be added to our ticket, please reply with the following info:

• Make and model of your mobile device:
  • Pandora version:
  • OS version:

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

Hi Tanner,

It's been 2 weeks, what is your progress? Someone on a forum for my car said this is because of the way Android now requests authentication before it sends data. It sounded like "older" hardware like my car's radio might not support Android's new protocol. Is this wht you have found?

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @fredk!

I checked in and they are still investigating the cause. However, your comment about your car radio not supporting Android's new protocol is interesting. 

I've passed this suggestion to the team to look into further. 

Thanks for the continued patience!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

OK, please keep us updated, I miss the functionality!

huber30317
Local Performer

Make and model of the car doesn't matter when its aftermarket head unit, I have the same problems with two Samsung phones now the S10 and the S21 and a 1phone 9. Pandora version 2102.1.1 does not support my older Kenwood head unit model number DDX418. Pandora plays but doesn't show track, artist, and album art over Bluetooth. I know my head unit is good because my dads older phone and maybe older pandora version works well on my head unit. I sure would like this fixed...

0 Kudos