cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Screen doesn't automatically transition to Now Playing

TannerPandora

This post has been created based on listener feedback that the CarPlay screen doesn't automatically transition to Now Playing after selecting content to play after updating to 2408.1.1.

If you're experiencing this issue after updating to this version, please post your details here.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

gvinson58
Underground

I am running iOS 18.1 beta and have updated to Pandora 2408.1.1. The Pandora CarPlay screen will populate, however it will not transition to the Now Playing screen when selecting a station. I have to press the icon in the upper right for it to transition to Now Playing. Also, the animated bars do not display on the Pandora CarPlay screen to indicate which station is playing. I consider this a partial fix.

I'm no coding expert but it seems Pandora isn't taking this seriously.

mtboze
Underground

Running 18.0, I get the stations from both "Collections" and "Recent", but tapping an individual station doesn't bring up the song "now playing". EXCEPT one time the song came up, but after going back to the previous screen I could not get it to do it again. 

0 Kudos

Alfa4
Local Performer

Yes, having this problem 

0 Kudos

Bixbygretta
Local Performer

Same issue here.  Carplay only loads about 30% of the time

0 Kudos

jrbanion
Local Performer

I am still having issues with screen transitions, recents tab, and error messages, even after updating to the newest Pandora version.

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Obviously Pandora ver 2408.1.1 and Apple ios-18 CarPlay are having compatibility issues. So, the next question is how long is this going to take to get fixed. Weeks, Months, maybe never... I started a Spotify free subscription (testing it out) and have an Amazon Music subscription, both work with Apple ios-18 CarPlay. 

Who wants to pay money for something that's broken. Pandora seems to be falling behind in the Music streaming business and is going to lose customers.

0 Kudos

Lchamb
Local Performer

Running 18.0, I get the stations from both "Collections" and "Recent", but tapping an individual station doesn't bring up the song "now playing". EXCEPT one time the song came up, but after going back to the previous screen I could not get it to do it again. 

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

I have 2 iPhone 12 minis (Black and Blue)... I updated both to ios-18 the day after its release and have the same Pandora ver 2408.1.1 compatibility issues on both.

I updated (Blue) to ios-18.0.1 and still have the same compatibility issues.

I downgraded (Black) to ios-17.7 and BINGO! it's working. 

0 Kudos

Bixbygretta
Local Performer

How do I do that?

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

I used "TunesKit IOS System Recovery" ($25)... It wipes out your iPhone and re-installs ios-17.7 and you have to install everything/configuration manually like it's a new iPhone.

Saved icloud back-ups will make the iPhone want to upgrade back to ios-18 during the Restore from iCloud process.

I have an iPhone 8+ iCloud backup (ios-16.7.10) that has pretty much everything/configuration on it, so I used it to restore. I had to make tweaks and add some apps but was better than having  to add everything manually.

This is not an Easy Fix but Pandora is working with NO issues.

0 Kudos

C7Rhodes
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. Its really annoying to have to do all these steps!! Car Play is supposed to make our lives easier and hands free because we are driving! Its very annoying and inconvenient having to click all these things on the screen and on my phone just to get any music to start playing. Please fix!! 

0 Kudos

AlBobtross
Casual Fan

Having all three issues 

0 Kudos