cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Unable to load stations in Recent tab after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
121 Replies

agc428
Opening Act

Obviously Pandora ver 2408.1.1 and Apple ios-18 CarPlay are having compatibility issues. So, the next question is how long is this going to take to get fixed. Weeks, Months, maybe never... I started a Spotify free subscription (testing it out) and have an Amazon Music subscription, both work with Apple ios-18 CarPlay. 

Who wants to pay money for something that's broken. Pandora seems to be falling behind in the Music streaming business and is going to lose customers.

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Local Performer

I too am having an issue since iOS 18 "upgrade". The Recent tab just states Loading, even after music starts playing. I can go to the other tabs and they populate and then if I go back to Recent, it will show Shuffle, and other stations in my collection. It will not however show anything if the shuffle is selected, it will just stay on that screen. 
Update to 2408.1.1 Pandora app, and retried. Worked once and then back to the anomaly of Loading... I'm Redent tab. Deleted Pandora app from iPhone 15, reinstalled, worked once, and then thereafter anomaly again! Just plain weird! Help would be appreciated. Thx

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Did Apple ios-18 CarPlay sabotage Pandora?  ios-17 CarPlay works fine... 🤔

0 Kudos

JN56
Underground

Interesting.  The recent tab worked once for me also.  I thought it was fixed but then it went back to not working at all.  All this was in the same session that started with the recent tab and lost the functionality once I switched to the collection tab and back to the recent tab.

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Local Performer

Anyone missing CD players yet 😉 Thought waiting a while after the release of iOS 18 would be safe, wrong again! May have to abandon Pandora, and move onto a working CarPlay entertainment product.... 😩 

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Local Performer
Right on....along with 8-track and cassettes...hahaaaa
Regards,
Chris Magee
0 Kudos

JohnS27
Local Performer

Yes! Apple was useless and said it was a Pandora issue w/new IOS

0 Kudos

Jrios6785
Local Performer

Still having the same problem after updating the app. 

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

This is soooo disappointing... is Apple ios-18 CarPlay to blame (ios-17 works).

People, don't be so quick to do any Apple updates, wait a week and check if people are having issues... you might be very glad you didn't update so quickly... I broke my own rule about Updates, i usually wait a few days after the bug fix update (ios-18.1)... but I didn't and now i wish I was on ios-17.

0 Kudos

JohnS27
Local Performer

Sadly not, Apple explained/claims that their App partners such as Pando are required to update their app software accordingly

Kind Regards,
John Strauss

I respectfully don't have the time to read through the litany of posts from people experiencing the same issue, obviously there's a problem. What I'd appreciate is a straightforward solution to my problem as I'm sure everyone else would

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

I have 2 iPhone 12 minis (Black and Blue)... I updated both to ios-18 the day after its release and have the same Pandora ver 2408.1.1 compatibility issues on both.

I updated (Blue) to ios-18.0.1 and still have the same compatibility issues.

I downgraded (Black) to ios-17.7 and BINGO! it's working. 

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Underground
We should not have to downgrade our iOS to accommodate Pandora’s lack of getting this fixed. I have a 16 Pro and it came with iOS18. So it should be up to Pandora to get working on this.
0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Yes, I agree with Bytebox12... I don't have an iPhone 16 Pro, So, I gotta do with what I have until Pandora and Apple fix it.

I used "TunesKit IOS System Recovery" ($25)... It wipes out your iPhone and re-installs ios-17.7 and you have to install everything/configuration manually like it's a new iPhone.

Saved icloud back-ups will make the iPhone want to upgrade back to ios-18 during the Restore from iCloud process.

I have an iPhone 8+ iCloud backup (ios-16.7.10) that has pretty much everything/configuration on it, so I used it to restore. I had to make tweaks and add some apps but was better than having  to add everything manually.

Not an Easy Fix but Pandora is working with NO issues. Anybody else have a FIX? Please post.

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Underground
Great that you’re wiling to fork over $25 bucks for a fix but I’ll pass. Pandora needs to step up. Apple has passed the buck to them, unfortunately, which truly **ahem** but I have tried Spotify and I don’t like their platform. I wish, however, Pandora would refresh their stations selections more often. I’m not getting very many changes. So that’s something to work on after they fix this issue :-).
0 Kudos

AlBobtross
Casual Fan

Having all three issues. 

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Local Performer

Hey all,

what needs to be done, is for everyone to open a ticket with Pandora support with this issue - pandora-support@pandora.com

I opened one and they don't seem to read this forum, because "it's the first they heard of this"!

0 Kudos

JohnS27
Local Performer

That’s actually not the case. Pandora cares email to me acknowledging my case number and the issue suggested a stop by Pandora community and or reach out to them through Facebook.

Kind Regards,

John Strauss

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

LGNEO
Local Performer

BUT  - does this community have an answer? So far, all I've seen is to go back to iOS 17 if you can. If there was an answer, this thread would be finished. IMO, The price being paid for the subscription should also give you an answer as to responsibility and a time table for a resolution. 

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Underground
AGREED
0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Thanks LGNEO... I opened a Support Ticket... pandora-support@pandora.com

0 Kudos