cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: 'There was a problem loading this content' error message

Pandora

Note: This thread as been accepted as the Solution to mark the CURRENT STATUS AND STEPS. Updates will be provided in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team.

We appreciate your continued patience during this time.

This thread has been specifically created for listeners who report receiving the error message "There was a problem loading this content" when connecting to CarPlay on iOS 18.

If you are receiving this error message, please post your comment within this thread. Comments posted here will be reported to an internal ticket investigated by our engineering team.

In the meantime, we ask that all listeners commenting to keep posts relevant to the thread and help us keep community a welcoming environment for all.

Updates will be posted as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for your continued patience. 

119 Replies

janikian
Local Performer

24 Mazda MX-5: Same problem IMG_0581.jpg

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Obviously Pandora ver 2408.1.1 and Apple ios-18 CarPlay are having compatibility issues. So, the next question is how long is this going to take to get fixed. Weeks, Months, maybe never... I started a Spotify free subscription (testing it out) and have an Amazon Music subscription, both work with Apple ios-18 CarPlay. 

Who wants to pay money for something that's broken. Pandora seems to be falling behind in the Music streaming business and is going to lose customers.

janikian
Local Performer

Thanks for the tip - I'll try Amazon and Spotify for now.

-G

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Underground
Been using Spotify and iHeart now-->back and forth....No
compatibility issues as of yet...
Regards,
Chris Magee
0 Kudos

wgstarks
Local Performer

Same issue here.

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Ok, Apple came out with an update ios-18.0.1... it did NOT fix the compatibility issue with Pandora.

0 Kudos

garyna
Local Performer

Same issue here. Upgrade to 2408.1.1 didnt solve issue. 2024 Acura ZDX & 2024 Honda Civic Type R

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

I have 2 iPhone 12 minis (Black and Blue)... I updated both to ios-18 the day after its release and have the same Pandora ver 2408.1.1 compatibility issues on both.

I updated (Blue) to ios-18.0.1 and still have the same compatibility issues.

I downgraded (Black) to ios-17.7 and BINGO! it's working. 

0 Kudos

AlBobtross
Underground

I’m having all three issues. Won’t transition to now playing, I get the content load error message and my stations won’t load and they get confused on what station in what. Such as my 90’s station thinks it’s 80s station in the 80s station thinks it’s the 90s station. 

Copter
Local Performer

I’m receiving the “cannot load content” message after updating to the latest Pandora version.

0 Kudos

gmattaliano
Underground

I had to uninstall and reinstalled pandora to get it working with CarPlay but it is not fully functional. It will not load station content.

JHanna239
Local Performer

I’m experiencing the exact same thing. I recently went to a wireless adapter to get wireless CarPlay, and thought that was the issue but I went back and forth with the same results. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Having to manually make any changes in Pandora on my phone defeates the purpose. Frustrating. 

lajackson57
Local Performer

Same problem on IOS 18.1 public beta.

0 Kudos

JDN55
Local Performer

Same here all the same issues as everyone else have 4 phones and 4 different brand cars all the same 

DaveL
Underground

I just got a iPhone 16 Pro, which means I've switched from iOS 17 to iOS 18.0.1. Using Pandora 2408.1.1 with CarPlay in a 2021 Toyota Highlander, connected using a USB-C to USB-A cable. Pandora correctly displays my recent list and station list. But when I tap on a station, there is a long pause, then I get the error message "There was a problem loading this content" .

I am able to play Pandora through my car's audio system by starting it from my phone, but the car reports it is playing via USB, not by CarPlay.

0 Kudos

jeffreyfiterman
Underground

yes I'm having the same problem.  is there going to be a fix?

I'm also continuing to have this problem.  Pandora isn't functioning properly with CarPlay.  

mod edit: merged comments

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

I opened a Support Ticket a few days ago and they respond with generic troubleshooting... restart iPhone, uninstall and reinstall app, check carrier service, check wifi, etc... This is not a restart iPhone, uninstall and reinstall app Fix.

This is a real compatibility issue with ios-18 and needs to be fixed by Pandora and Apple.

jeffreyfiterman
Underground

yes I agree completely.  hopefully they'll fix it soon.

0 Kudos

Stephanhintz
Local Performer

Still getting this same error. Using newest iOS update and newest Pandora update. Car play is still not working properly. Very frustrating. Don’t want to switch music app but may need to. 

0 Kudos

TABE
Underground

I am having this same issue.  I  receiving the loading content error.  I upgraded to iPhone 16 Pro and am getting the same issues.  I even took it to the dealership today.  It's frustrating. 
What our the next steps? 

There are several message in the community board on the issue with the 18 iOS update.  
Pandora how are you resolving this issue?  You have several listeners that are experience issues.  

Please advise.  I've done all of your suggestions. 

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos