cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: 'There was a problem loading this content' error message

Pandora

Note: This thread as been accepted as the Solution to mark the CURRENT STATUS AND STEPS. Updates will be provided in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team.

We appreciate your continued patience during this time.

This thread has been specifically created for listeners who report receiving the error message "There was a problem loading this content" when connecting to CarPlay on iOS 18.

If you are receiving this error message, please post your comment within this thread. Comments posted here will be reported to an internal ticket investigated by our engineering team.

In the meantime, we ask that all listeners commenting to keep posts relevant to the thread and help us keep community a welcoming environment for all.

Updates will be posted as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for your continued patience. 

119 Replies

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

Pandora does NOT have a FIX... Hurry up and wait... wait... wait...

0 Kudos

Shiiliq
Local Performer

I am having the same issue

0 Kudos

bcsjr
Local Performer

I'm still having this problem on VW 2023 Atlas Cross Sport using iOS18.0.1 on iPhone 15 using Pandora version 2409.1

0 Kudos

Nroth403
Local Performer

I have a new iPhone 16 and pandora wont work anymore like it used to to! It say there was a problem loading content! It worked fine before my new phone!

++

Is there a fix for this at all??

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

I downgraded to ios-17.7 (not an easy proce$$) and Pandora works fine... This is the only work around ios-18 CarPlay compatibility issues FIX I found.

I Have 2 iPhones 12 mini... One iPhone has ios-17.7 (downgraded from ios-18) WORKS... and the other has ios-18 and has CarPlay compatibility issues with Pandora.

Pandora should WARN customers about the compatibility issues with ios-18... send an Alert (pop-up) through the app or email to all customers before they upgrade to ios-18.

0 Kudos

RobinPK
Local Performer
Wow! I don’t like that solution but thanks for putting that out there!

Wishing you a day filled with love 💕 
0 Kudos

Nroth403
Local Performer

TannerPandora

i get the same there was a loading problem. Is pandora trying to fix this issue it’s very frustrating

thanks

0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi @Ashticarlos , thanks for posting!

I have created a case for you with our support team. 

They will follow up with you ASAP!

0 Kudos

diddy78c
Local Performer

I have the same problem with my 2016 chevy colorado. I have the pandora version 2409.1

0 Kudos

online111
Local Performer

I too am having this problem. I too have done a lot of the "remedies" listed here. i.e. updating app, removing device and reinstalling and pairing. Please add me to the list of malfunctioning Pandora/CarPlay.

0 Kudos

Klj319
Local Performer

error message since downloading IOS 18 like everyone else.  Super frustrating.  

0 Kudos

Jtblckmaro
Local Performer

Got the error message after installing ios18.

is there a fix yet?

0 Kudos

Kahuna106
Local Performer

Hello - getting the same error on CarPlay after updated to IOS 18. Pandora version 2409.1 Hyundai Sonata IPhone SE 2022 

0 Kudos

Cappy45
Casual Fan

I am receiving this error message. I do receive content from the last station I was listening to before the update, but can not change it. Print to the update I was able to change channels using the preferences tab

0 Kudos

Apopeney
Local Performer

The only solution I have found was to select "sources" as my iPhone hardwired instead of Apple car play. Pandora worked and showed all content when I did this. 

0 Kudos

Copter
Local Performer

Evidently there is no solution, it’s time to go back to iHeart 

0 Kudos

Baddogbk
Casual Fan

I have had the sand problem as described here. My collection displays, but the Home Screen dues not load and eventually times out.

0 Kudos

Mustangx3
Casual Fan

Same thing with me… how RIDICULOUS … 

++

Another disgruntled listener… luckily Amazon music works fine, 
cancelling my subscription to Pandora. 

++

Seems EVERYBODY has this issue. I’ve canceled my subscription… money speaks louder than these text messages …

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

mtboze
Underground

I have found that Pandora DOES WORK ON CARPLAY, not like it’s supposed to, nor like it used to. There are bugs in the code making the app kind of clunky, but it DOES WORK. My CarPlay is on a 2024 Tundra, and the most recent version of CarPlay. I also have the most recent version of the Pandora app on my iPhone.

When you first open CarPlay, it will default to the RECENT MENU and will display a blank screen except for the word LOADING. It never seems to load anything, but will eventually display the “THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING THIS CONTENT” message.

Select the MY COLLECTION MENU and it will show all of the stations available to you. You can pick a station and it will start to play, but doesn’t transition to display the actual song being played.

Tap on the TRIANGULAR ICON on the top right of the screen, and it will display the actual song being played. If you tap again on the RECENT MENU, it will now show all of your recent stations and you can pick a new station, but, again, you'll see just the station being played and you'll have to tap on the TRIANGULAR ICON on the top right, again, to view the song that is being played.

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

EXACTLY... We are all having the same problems with ios-18 CarPlay 😤

0 Kudos