cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: 'There was a problem loading this content' error message

Pandora

Note: This thread as been accepted as the Solution to mark the CURRENT STATUS AND STEPS. Updates will be provided in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team.

We appreciate your continued patience during this time.

This thread has been specifically created for listeners who report receiving the error message "There was a problem loading this content" when connecting to CarPlay on iOS 18.

If you are receiving this error message, please post your comment within this thread. Comments posted here will be reported to an internal ticket investigated by our engineering team.

In the meantime, we ask that all listeners commenting to keep posts relevant to the thread and help us keep community a welcoming environment for all.

Updates will be posted as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for your continued patience. 

166 Replies

gwenray
Local Performer

iOS 18 and Pandora up to date and having all the same issues. Has been going on for several weeks. Tried all the trouble shooting rec's and nothing worked. 

0 Kudos

Bob39
Local Performer

I tried Pandora on another car, a Genesis and connected directly instead of Bluetooth and got the same error of "There was a problem loading this content".  So, 2 different vehicles, same Iphone with IOS 18, one using Bluetooth and one hard wired.  Both have same problem.

0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

I tried on 4 Hondas, 3 Nissans, 2 Jaguars, 1 Chevy, and a Partridge in a pear tree... same issues.

I have the latest updates for Pandora and ios-18 on 3 different iPhones tested on same cars above... same issues.

I have one iphone 12 mini ios-17.7 and tested on same cars above, NO issues.

Pandora does NOT have a FIX yet... it's been over a month...

0 Kudos

Nroth403
Underground

This is why I am going to Spotify! Nobody at pandora can give an answer it’s crazy they can’t fix this

0 Kudos

Nvictus62
Local Performer

Same problem with my x5

0 Kudos

Scottnur96
Local Performer

I am having this problem since updating to iOS 18.0.1

0 Kudos

ProdOps
Local Performer

Same problem with iOS 18.0.1 in an X3 with Apple Carplay.  I can always get Pandora to play music but consistently get the error message "There is a problem loading this content."  Sometimes it will display my "Recent Stations" and sometimes it will not.  When Recent Stations is blank, I can usually find the station using the "My Collection" option on the car's touch screen. Before this problem started, I could touch the station that was playing on the car's touch screen and it would display the song that was playing.   Now that feature does not work.   However, there is a triangle symbol on the right side of the screen that will take you to the details of the song that is playing.   Looking forward to an update/fix that will resolve this problem.

0 Kudos

dmedlar
Local Performer
Amen!!!
0 Kudos

garymclen
Local Performer

Same problem with Kia Telluride and IOS 18.01

0 Kudos

bptech
Local Performer

Hasn’t worked for me since upgrading to ios18. No matter the ios or pandora version. ios18 has been out a month this is a bit ridiculous. Is there one guy working on this?

DLR1965
Local Performer

Still having the issue of “problem loading content.” 

0 Kudos

Bear0903
Local Performer

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I updated my iOS and now I receive an error message anytime I try to use the pandora app on Apple car play. This is very frustrating. The only way I can override it, is by manually using my phones pandora app-which is not ideal if driving. I hope pandora comes out with an update to fix this . Otherwise I’ll likely end up cancelling the subscription 

0 Kudos

garymclen
Local Performer
Yes
Sent from texting machine....
0 Kudos

gphl87
Local Performer

Still having the same issue. 2023 F150

0 Kudos

Scottnur96
Local Performer
Still having the same issues.

Thank you
Scott Verret
0 Kudos

agc428
Diamond in the Rough

There are 4 iPhones in my family... all upgraded to ios-18 and all now have issues with CarPlay in all our cars...

Down graded 3 iPhones to ios-17.7 (not an easy proce$$) and Pandora now works without issues on CarPlay... 

Kept one iPhone on ios-18 to see when Pandora will FIX, its been over a month...

Tell your Family, Friends, Co-workers not to upgrade to ios-18 if they use Pandora/CarPlay. 

0 Kudos

AngieK
Local Performer

And keep getting message that content is unable to load.  Started happening after I installed IOS 18 on iphone.  

0 Kudos

Liro
Local Performer

I’m fully up to date and this is happening to me as well

0 Kudos

DoorCounty
Local Performer

Still having the same problem with Apple CarPlay in iOS 18. It’s been over a month since I posted last time and have seen a few updates on Pandora but none address this problem.

is this something Pandora is able to fix or is this something outside your control?

0 Kudos

CarrieM
Local Performer

Same problem!  2023 Honda Pilot.  Tried all the fixes and problem still exists.  Sometimes an attempt to use Pandora also then causes my FM stereo to not play if I try to switch over to FM

0 Kudos