cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cobra CB Radio pauses Pandora

Tek1
Underground

I'm a truck driver. I have a factory installed Cobra CB radio that pauses Pandora the instant I key the mic. The cb isn't anything special and shouldn't have this ability. I have a Motorola edge plus 5g on Verizon. I also don't have the cell coverage I should and no one can figure out why. Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tek1
Underground

After trying various things, somehow Verizon's adaptive sound seems involved. Choosing the car symbol makes the cb interfere with Pandora. Choosing the sound bar looking symbol seems to have solved the issue. No idea why choosing one over the other makes a difference nor do I know why keying the mic would pause Pandora. Shouldn't happen. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Tek1! Welcome to community. 

Can you tell me a little more about how you're listening to Pandora and your experience with your CB radio. 

To clarify, are you listening to Pandora on your Motorola phone, then when you use your CB radio Pandora cuts out? Or is Pandora integrated into the radio that you are using?

While I can't speak to cell phone coverage, I do see that you are upgraded to Pandora Premium and have the option to utilize Offline Listening. If you run into an area with spotty cell service, feel free to enable this feature and listen offline. To listen offline from a mobile device, you can use the following steps:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening. You can always disable offline listening at any time to reconnect Pandora. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tek1
Underground

That was in offline mode. I'm usually in offline mode because of the crappy (with this phone) coverage. Yes, my Motorola is connected to the truck stereo via 3.5mm aux cord. CB isn't connected to anything. But when I use the CB, it pauses Pandora. 

TannerPandora

Thanks for writing back, @Tek1.  Does Pandora resume after you use the CB or do you need to press play again?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tek1
Underground

Have to press play again. Does it in online mode also

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info, @Tek1. Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office. 

My first thought is that there must be a connection between using your Android and CB, since it sounds like Pandora is pausing to allow for the use of the CB. And since you're offline mode, there isn't a cue for playback to resume once you're finished using the CB.

I've reached out to the engineering team about this and I'm hoping for some clarification. Since you're using an Android versus an integrated app within your vehicle, I can offer some troubleshooting steps to start with that may or may not help. If you'd like to try them, keep in mind, Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after these steps. If you have any trouble with your offline content after this, let me know. 

If you'd like to proceed, you can find the steps below. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tek1
Underground

After trying various things, somehow Verizon's adaptive sound seems involved. Choosing the car symbol makes the cb interfere with Pandora. Choosing the sound bar looking symbol seems to have solved the issue. No idea why choosing one over the other makes a difference nor do I know why keying the mic would pause Pandora. Shouldn't happen. 

TannerPandora

@Tek1 That's is super odd. I'm glad you were able to figure this one out. That's a tough one. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tek1
Underground

It's ridiculous, is what it is. Thanks for your help. Hope this helps others. 

0 Kudos