cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity to my Mini Cooper

ReneWatwood65
Local Performer

Can someone help me. My Pandora will not connect to my Mini Cooper Paceman! It has the option made into the car but will not play

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ReneWatwood65! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you about. 

I'm happy to take a look, can you let me know some more info about your phone and car?

1. What is the year of your Mini?
  2. Are you using a stock stereo or aftermarket? If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  6. Have you experienced a similar issue connecting with other devices outside of your Mini?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ReneWatwood65
Local Performer

My Mini is a 2013 PaceMan Mini S with factory auto which is a Carman/kardon. 

my phone is a iPhone 8plus and works when receiving calls or calling out connecting via Bluetooth. 

I have tried several attempts via Bluetooth and with USB cord and I can actually today pull up my Pandora and see the song that is playing but no sound will play. 

I am not sure which Pandora that I have because I can’t seem to find version as of yet. Sorry about that!

any help would be appreciated as I am leaving in a few days for a 17 hour drive. I do not drive with AirPods connected so I would love to resolve this matter. 
thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @ReneWatwood65! Thanks for the info. 

You can find the Pandora version by opening Pandora, tap on Profile, tap the Settings gear at the top right, scroll to the bottom of the screen.

In the meantime, I'd like to start with some troubleshooting to see if it will help. 

First,  try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app.* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Then, try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your car and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone.

Let me know if you run into trouble.  

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos