cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan - and streaming in car simultaneously while streaming at home

semiconon
Local Performer

is there a way to listen to Pandora in my car using the android app and a bluetooth connection to my car, while it is still playing in my home via Alexa. I am on the Premium Family plan.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @semiconon! Thanks for posting. 

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

To listen on two devices simultaneously, you'll need to have two separate Pandora accounts on your family plan.

Please create an additional free Pandora account to add to your family plan. If you need help creating a new account, there are some helpful steps here

Once you've done that, you can invite the additional Pandora account to your family plan using the following steps:

1. Make sure you're logged in with the master account (the one you used to upgrade to Premium Family);
  2. Visit the Subscription section of the account.
  3. Select Manage Family to view the main family plan management page;
  4. Send a family plan invite to an email address you can access. (You'll be able to enter the login information for your additional Pandora account later, even if its under a different email.)
  5. Open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add your additional Pandora account to your family plan.

If you have any trouble with this, let me know.

After that account is added to your family plan, you can share content from your master account by going to My Collection. It's easiest to do this from our website, but I'll provide some steps below for mobile devices as well.

To share from the web:

1. Go to My Collection, and find the content you'd like to share.
  2. Hover over the album art and click on the ellipsis (the three dots), and then Share.
  3. Select the Copy Link tab and click on Copy. Paste this link somewhere you'll be able to access it easily.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.
  5. Finally, log in with your other Pandora account and click on the link(s). If the link is for a station, clicking on it will add it to your collection automatically. If the link is for a song, album, or playlist that you've shared, you'll need to press the "(+)" button to save it on this other account.

To share from a mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection, and tap on the name of the content you'd like to share to view more details.
  2. Select Share and then either Copy (if you're on an iOS device) or Copy to Clipboard (if you're on an Android device.
  3. Past this link somewhere you'll be able to access it easily.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.
  5. Finally, log in with your other Pandora account and click on the link(s). If the link is for a station, clicking on it will add it to your collection automatically. If the link is for a song, album, or playlist that you've shared, you'll need to press the "(+)" button to save it on this other account.

Once you're set up, remember that you'll still need to make sure that each of these accounts is only playing from one device at a time, unless you're splitting one Pandora account through a system that groups multiple speakers via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. 

Hope this helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos