cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Vehicles - Pandora crashes when connected with USB

Clint623
Local Performer

I do not have WiFi in my 2014 Silverado LT, therefore I plug my iPhone in via USB. When I have the app open and click on Pandora on the Mylink screen, the app on my phone crashes and the mylink screen says to check connected device.  Need a little assistance. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the Enable Launch from Car button. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Clint623! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Can you let me know a little more info about your iPhone:

• Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

13 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Clint623! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Can you let me know a little more info about your iPhone:

• Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Clint623
Local Performer

iPhone 8

Version 14.8

pandora version: 2108.1.1-1-97e38d34

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info, @Clint623.

I have a trace enabled on your account to help me investigate. Can you try and duplicate this same error again. I'd like to check the logs for anything unusual. 

I know you mentioned not having Wi-Fi in your vehicle but is your Silverado Bluetooth capable? 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Clint623
Local Performer

Yes, it has Bluetooth. I’ll do it a little later

0 Kudos

Clint623
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

I just wanted to make you aware that the issue is still going on.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Clint623! Thanks for the follow up.

Were you able to try connecting with Bluetooth? Did you experience the same issue or just with USB?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Clint623
Local Performer

Both BT and USB

0 Kudos

Rboyd
Local Performer

I am having same issue with Pandora on my 2015 Sierra. .  Pandora will play fine through GMC Intellilink via BT, but will not play when connected via USB.  While playing via BT, as soon as I connect USB cable Pandora crashes.  I know it is not a phone, cable or issue with my truck as I am able to play other apps (Apple Music, iHeart, etc) fine via USB on my truck.  Have tried reinstalling app and several other things I’ve read online, unable to fix it.  Works fine for months and just stopped working. 

0 Kudos

AP21
Local Performer

I have the same issue, ever get a resolution?

I have a 2014 GMC Terrain that supports Pandora via USB cable connected to an iPhone.

I have an iPhone 11 with the latest Pandora app connected to the vehicle via USB. Pandora version is 2110.1.1.

On the vehicle display, when I tap the Pandora button, a message pops up on the phone that asks if I want to allow Pandora to access the vehicle. I hit allow. The Pandora app opens for half a second and closes. The same thing happens when I open Pandora from the phone while connected to the vehicle, app opens for a second and crashes.

The phone is unlocked, signed into Pandora app and I have a station created. 

Any other troubleshooting tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Merged post

0 Kudos

Clint623
Local Performer

No, it never got resolved

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @AP21! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've included your information on our ticket and passed this along to the team who is currently investigating. 

Unfortunately, we have been unable to replicate this on our end in order to resolve. As a result, I have no ETA on when this might be fixed and any current troubleshooting steps do not appear to be helpful in this situation. 

I understand how frustrating this experience can be. We want all our listeners to be able to listen whenever and however they choose, so we are working as hard as we can to resolve this.

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MLC
Underground

Has this issue been figured out otherwise I will turn my Sirius back on

0 Kudos

Clint623
Local Performer
No, it still happens. Pretty annoyed about it. I’ve already turned my Sirius back on.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos