cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMC - Waiting for Coverage message

dtait231
Local Performer

Help! I have a Pandora app icon on my entertainment system in my new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. It's worked perfeclly for the last month and now I'm getting this message: "connecting...waiting for coverage..." and it never connects. Any ideas or remedies?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
38 Replies

RitaM
Local Performer

2020 Equinox

0 Kudos

curly_q85
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with my 2021 High Country Traverse. 

Just says waiting for connection. Please help. 

0 Kudos

Jackietodd814
Local Performer

AGREED! I have been trying to understand this as well! we were listening to Pandora on our trip and all of the sudden it stopped working and said the network connection error. we thought it was just a bad signal. many vehicle restarts and conversations with onstar later and still no solution! they keep saying to use it through the cell phone but it makes no sense it was working! what is the app for if it doesn't work that way?

0 Kudos

Kmay
Local Performer

I'm also having an issue in my GM van. It's a 2018. Just paid for unlimited wifi in the van. Phone working fine, Netflix on TV is fine. Pandora app is grayed out.

0 Kudos

Jackietodd814
Local Performer
It's really frustrating! Wish I could find a fix for it!
0 Kudos

Dzimm111111
Local Performer

I have this exact same issue with Pandora. I just bought a pre-owned 2017 Silverado and was psyched to have Pandora built right into the entertainment system. The dealership gave me 3 free months of wifi which I verified works on ever other app, and my phone connects to it and shows a full signal. Pandora was working for about a week then would randomly lose signal and give the "no internet connection" error message even though the truck's wifi is working fine. I tried to remove and re-install the app and now it won't even re-install in the truck. Please advise

0 Kudos

Raul_NM
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on my 2015 Chevy Suburban. Pandora was working perfectly fine when I would connect my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max). It just stopped working a couple days ago. Anyone know how to fix it?

0 Kudos

Jackietodd814
Local Performer

The problem is we still had the internet working in the car and the Pandora (and other Apps now) stopped working. It just says ther error each time we click on it.

0 Kudos

archjeb
Local Performer

I have the same issue in a 2018 GMC sierra. Was working fine until about 2 months ago. But I do notice that internet connectivity through Onstar LTE is very bad. Using my laptop connected to truck's wifi, I'm getting packet loss doing a simple ping to google.com.

0 Kudos

Angelicdevil196
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, app says signing in waiting for coverage. I tried logging out and logging back in. Taking the app off my chevy and putting it back on. But nothing works. My wifi is on and connected to my phone.

2022 chevy bolt

I can't upload a picture on this 

0 Kudos

DanE1
Local Performer

I've used the built-in Pandora app on two GM vehicles, one a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze, and now on my 2019 Chevrolet Volt.   Each of these vehicles have done this sporadically.  Typically at least once every two weeks or so.  When it happens Pandora's built-in app does NOT recover no matter what you do until the vehicle sits off completely for at least 15 minutes.   I've had this happen even at times the 4G LTE for the vehicle is showing full bars even at vehicle startup.   The Cruze had this issue as far back as 2018.  I've had this happen on my Volt as recently as just this week.  I can also verify when it refuses to work, I do still have WIFI coverage for the vehicle as I can use the Pandora app on my cellphone and still use my car's hotspot with no issue.   So this is either a Pandora app issue on GM vehicles, or some kind of integration with the data stream that flakes out regularly.   About 95% of the time this happens, it won't work as soon as the car is started and never recovers.  I have had about 5% though where it'll be working fine, then suddenly stop playing a song and move to the "waiting for coverage" never to recover.  It's especially annoying when I'm already driving and sometimes on an hour+ drive and it just refuses to work so I have to dig my phone out of my pocket and launch the app and stream from my phone instead.  I hope this can get fixed and this information is helpful!  Pandora Waiting for CoveragePandora Waiting for Coverage

0 Kudos

Dfranks
Local Performer

Is there a solution for this? Mine started doing it today. Wifi is working wont let me log out. 2020 Chevy Silverado

0 Kudos

DanE1
Local Performer

Any updates on this?   It's been an impactful issue (and even a safety one for its distraction) for literally 4+ years now on the Pandora app on GM infotainment.  

0 Kudos

alan21e
Underground

For the last year in my 2021 GMC Sierra, the Pandora app has worked flawlessly. It was working fine yesterday, however, this morning I received a message, "connecting...waiting for coverage" and the app never loaded during my hour commute to work. I do have GM's Hotspot service. Is there a fix for this issue?

TannerPandora

Hi @alan21e! Thanks for posting to community.

Can you confirm the name of the GMC data plan that you are currently using in your Sierra? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

alan21e
Underground

I have the GMC Unlimited Prepaid Data Plan.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@alan21e  Are you referring to the Connected Vehicle plan for $24.99?

To clarify, GMC requires specific data plans in order to stream content within the vehicle. For example, GMC Maps+, Amazon Alexa built-in and in-vehicle apps, like Fox Sports and Pandora.

For more information about GMC CONNECTED SERVICES - click here.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

alan21e
Underground

Yes, but I purchase it at the annual price vs monthly price. My annual plan expires in May, and I will renew.

My plan includes the following:

Available Wi-Fi® Hotspot
In-Vehicle Apps: Connect to a full suite of available In-Vehicle Apps, including Alexa Built-In, Spotify®, Pandora®, Fox Sports and more.
Available Wi-Fi® Hotspot: Stream unlimited music, TV shows, news and more on up to 7 devices.
Moderator Edit: Merged posts
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for clarifying, @alan21e

I can remove the GM connection with your Pandora account from my end and have you run through the set-up to see if that will help.

If you'd like to try this, let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos