cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Crashes with CarPlay with iOS 14 or earlier

AutoMcD
Local Performer

Usually 5 to 20 seconds after carplay starts and the music starts playing, the music suddenly stops. I have to unlock the phone and tab back into pandora app to get it to start again. It will almost always start a new song when this happens, it seems like it considers carplay a separate user or something. In the past I have gotten the “someone else is listening” error, but lately it just stops.

If it has been several hours (such as commuting to or from work) then this always happens. If the time is shorter like 15 minutes then it will resume.

Hardware is iphone on a 2020 ford.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @AutoMcD - thanks for posting your experience. 

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  2. What is the model of your iPhone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

Let me know, thanks!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AutoMcD
Local Performer

2020 ford factory stereo with sync.

iphone 8, ios 13.6.1, pandora 2008.1 (auto update is on)

Connected via usb cable. Unfortunately CarPlay does not work over bluetooth.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @AutoMcD

I’ve enabled a trace on your account, can you do me a favor and uninstall and reinstall the app.*

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Then after you reinstall, reconnect to CarPlay in your vehicle and let me know the approximate date and time it crashes. 

Thanks for the help. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AutoMcD
Local Performer

alright, just happened. 11:17am EST.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @AutoMcD!

I've passed this on to our engineers for further investigation in to the crash. Can you let me know which model Ford you have and can you also confirm that you're currently on 2009.1 for your Pandora version.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AutoMcD
Local Performer

yes it is. 

This happened again just after 4:30pm btw. Basically every time I plug in the phone for CarPlay.

0 Kudos

Duganbmx
Local Performer

I have the same problem so annoying!

0 Kudos

BuckShutem
Underground

Ditto. Exact same issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BuckShutem!

Can you let me know a little more about your iPhone:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)h

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos