cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PandoraLink - Android no longer connecting

Dnasty09
Underground

Its 2021 and you have a phone app and a car app. These two things share the exact same emblem, so i presume both are in-fact legally 'PANDORA'
Yet, these two apps do not communicate/connect to one another. The bluetooth option plays the pandora music just fine, but i cant interact with the pandora songs being played - thumbs up/down etc
I have a LG G6 phone.
I have a 2017 WRX.
Pandora app is up to date 2105.1

Flipping the 'auto-start in car' did not work. Switching BT on and off doesnt work. Re-Pairing the BT doesnt work. Clearing data did not work. Clearing cache did not work. Those are all band-aids anyway.
I want a fix. Not a band-aid.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
12 Replies

TechnoMom
Underground

I've almost given up on listening to Pandora in the car because the Pandora setting on my car stereo has trouble connecting to the Pandora app on my phone and then constantly gets disconnected. That doesn't happen if I just listen via the normal Bluetooth app. Why is it so troublesome?

Thanks

TannerPandora

Hi @TechnoMom! Thanks for posting. 

Sounds like you may be using PandoraLink in your vehicle. Can you confirm some info for me:

1. What is the model and year of your vehicle?
  2. Are you using a stock or aftermarket stereo? If aftermarket, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. When this occurs are you connected via Bluetooth, USB or both?
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

TechnoMom
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora 

1. 2015 Mazda 6

2. Stock, as far as I know.

3. iPhone 8, app version 2101.1

4. Bluetooth

5. I'm not entirely sure about Android Auto, but it doesn't have CarPlay.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TechnoMom
Underground

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @TechnoMom! Sorry about that. I some how missed your reply from before. 😔

There have been some recent updates to the app that may help with this. Based on your reply, it sounds like you're connecting to Pandora via CarPlay in your Mazda. 

Can you ensure that you're on the latest version of Pandora 2104.1.1. 

0 Kudos

TechnoMom
Underground

No, the 2015 Mazda doesn't have CarPlay. Whatever I'm using, it isn't that robust.

My app says it's version 2104.1.1.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@TechnoMom Would you be able to share a picture of what it looks like on your cars head unit?

If you haven't already, I would try re-pairing the bluetooth connection. 

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device." Then reconnect with your vehicle, for specific steps, I would refer to your owners manual. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dnasty09! Thanks for posting your experience, sorry for the trouble listening in your Subaru. 

I've reported this to our engineering team for further investigation and included your info. I'll make updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

For anyone else that may also be experiencing this and would like to be added to our ticket. Please include the following info:

• make and model of your phone
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

0 Kudos

Dnasty09
Underground

Still waiting on a fix...this was a month ago.

0 Kudos

ALF4996
Underground

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same problem for months now. I'm ready to cancel Pandora. 

0 Kudos

ALF4996
Underground

2106.1 version android app. This has been going on several months. Tried clearing data from app, reinstalling app, disconnect / forget phone on car and reconnect Bluetooth device.

Vehicle is 2015 Mazda cx5 gt

Add me to ticket

Version 2106.1

Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TechnoMom
Underground

IMG_0224.jpeg This is what it looks like when it's working. It just doesn't work for long, continuously asking me to reconnect. And that wasn't even the song that was playing! That was the PREVIOUS song.

0 Kudos