cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback Stops After Every Song

v8benz
Local Performer

Hello! I've had a similar issue. I recently UPGRADED my service from free to plus. Now when I use my iPad it works fine continuously but my cell phone in my car requires I hit start EVERY time the song ends, to play the next. It's super annoying. Please help!!!!! Thanks

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @v8benz! Thanks for posting. 

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  6. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

v8benz
Local Performer

Thank you Tanner! 

Hopefully this is a private thread but my car is a 2016 VW Jetta, with stock stereo, connected via USB /lightning cord. The vehicle has Apple car play and has worked well to date.  ONLY after I upgraded my service did this happen where it plays normally on the iPad (for my business) and my cell phone in the car, requires I hit play after the end of each song.  This issue also occurs while using my phone on a connected blue tooth speaker at home.  Any remedies are much appreciated.  Pandora version 2009.2.1 THANK YOU!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @v8benz Thanks for the follow up. 

Just so you know, the threads are not private. Information posted on each board is available to all so that other listeners with a similar problem can comment and/or find a solution. 

It's interesting that this happens with USB and bluetooth on two separate devices. What is the model and year of your iPhone?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account. Can you please do me a favor and uninstall/reinstall the Pandora app on your phone while this trace is active. 

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Then try and reproduce the same actions, taking note of the date and time it happens. 

I'd like to take a closer look. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

v8benz
Local Performer

Thank you so much!  I've deleted the app and am re-installing. I use an iPhone XS.  The play was continuous on my drive home this evening on my cell phone.  Haven't trouble-shot home speaker.  Thanks much!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad to hear that it worked @v8benz!

Let me know if continue to have trouble on your home speaker. 🙂

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos