cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/4/21: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021 - Hi all! I'm closing this thread and marking it as resolved. If you continue to have trouble with playback stopping when using CarPlay, please create a new post, referencing this thread. 

Pandora Update 4/28/2021Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @xfidelitydj! Thanks for posting.

I've gone ahead and made a small change on your account. Let me know how it goes in your GMC and if you notice any changes. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

greywall
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem that started a few days ago. IPhone 6s, IOS 13.6.1, latest Pandora app. Stops playing after each song, must press play again to resume. This behavior is seen when connecting to a Volkswagon EOS (2015) and a Ford Ranger (2019) via bluetooth (both vehicles) and bluetooth and USB on the Ranger.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @greywall! Thanks for posting.

I've made a small change to your account that my help with this. Since this is happening in 2 different styles of vehicles I'm curious to hear your feedback. Can you let me know how it goes when you've tried it in both your cars?

Hope it helps out. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sbauder67
Local Performer

Has there been a solution to this issue? I am experiencing this as well in a 2019 Honda Pilot in Apple Car Play. It just started this morning and I have had this vehicle for over a year

0 Kudos

Trucks
Local Performer

Hi there I have a 2018 f150 with the factory stereo and I’m also having this issue.  When I’m connected via USB from my iPhone, music stops when the song finishes- can Pandora look into this? I’m running version 2009.2 of the app on my iPhone. Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Trucks! Thanks for posting.

I made a small change to your account that may help. If you aren't seeing any difference in playback, you may need to sign out and then back in again for the changes to take affect. Keep in mind, signing out may remove any offline content you have on your device. You'll need to download them once again.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

alayton72
Local Performer

Pandora stops playing after each song on Apple CarPlay

0 Kudos

Trucks
Local Performer

Thanks Tanner - it seems whatever change was made fixed the issue.  Just got my truck back and with some driving around, it continued to play without a logout.  Thanks again!

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Trucks! That's what I like to hear. 🎉🙌🏻 I'll pass this on to our engineers and let them know. 

Have a great Sunday! 🎃

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @alayton72! Thanks for posting.

I made a small change to your account that may help. If you aren't seeing any difference in playback, you may need to sign out and then back in again for the changes to take affect.

Keep in mind, signing out may remove any offline content you have on your device. Since you're a Plus subscriber, your offline content should download automatically. If you have trouble with your offline music, let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

voice3
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem with my 2020 Dodge Charger when playing Pandora on Apple CarPlay. It stops after one song. Please help.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @voice3  Thanks for posting.

I've made a small change to your account that may help out with this. Can you try listening to Pandora again. If you are running into the same issue, you may need to sign out and then back into your account for the changes to take affect.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

voice3
Local Performer

Will do. Thx

Mismoe
Local Performer

This just started for me yesterday. When I start my car, a song will start. Once the song is over, no more music plays until my car is in park again. I have a 2019 MINI Cooper convertible, Pandora version 2009.2.1 😒 I’ve checked BT and everything seems to be connected. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mismoe! Thanks for posting.

Looks like you may have reached out to our User Support team as well. To curb any confusion or repetitive steps, please be sure to follow up with them by replying directly to the email.

Thanks again for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

amly2345
Local Performer

I also have the same problem. Everything worked fine until the last update. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the pandora app, but am having the same issues. No problem on my iPhone, but when plugged into Apple CarPlay music just hangs after one song. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @amly2345! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've gone ahead and made a small change to your account that may help out with this. Can you try listening to Pandora again. If you are running into the same issue, you may need to sign out and then back into your account for the changes to take affect.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

afoster44134
Local Performer

I've tried deleting my Pandora app and reinstalling it, didn't work. Pandora will play via bluetooth on my headphones, just play one song on my 2019 F150 via bluetooth. I've tried playing Pandora through Apple Car play connected with USB and still doesn't work. Using Iphone 11 with current IOS update. Thanks.

A

0 Kudos

Julzdawn
Opening Act

Please help. I must press play for each song and it’s terribly frustrating. 

tkennell3
Local Performer

My 2019 Honda Pilot also just started playing one song only. Worked for 1 1/2 years. Please help

0 Kudos