cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming violation - in error switching from Sonos to Bluetooth

do9ald
Underground

I regularly list to Pandora on my Sonos devices at home then when I leave I stop music on Sonos and let my car pick up my iPhone Bluetooth connection and start playing via the Pandora app on my iPhone.  It has been working flawlessly like this for over 2 years but just over the past 2 weeks I now get the “Someone Else is Listening...” message in my car every time.   Even after I go to the Pandora app and select “Let me listen” I continue to have to press “Let me listen” after each song to continue to the next song - and this is sometimes not possible (safely) while driving.  The condition stops after some period of time, 30 minutes to an hour.  Nothing has changed in my setup on Sonos, car Bluetooth, or iPhone and I’ve checked to be sure no one unauthorized is on my account - unlikely anyway since this only happens when I make the transition from home to auto.   I’d guess something has changed in the Pandora-Sonos API on one side or in he other.  Please help! 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @do9ald! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've taken a look at your account and I'm not seeing anything unusual at the moment. However, I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account. The next time you receive the 'Someone else is listening' message, can you please take note of the time and date and let me know. 

Also, can you let me know a little bit more about your phone car, and set-up?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? 
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth / USB)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Apple CarPlay?

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

do9ald
Underground

Hi, 

This occurred again at 5:37pm ET on 13-April. 

Phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.4.2

Vehicle is RAM 1500 with stock Premium Sound System, Bluetooth connection to iPhone, no Apple Car Play, no aftermarket modifications.  

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

do9ald
Underground

Add to previous post - RAM 1500 is 2017 model year.  

0 Kudos

do9ald
Underground

Hi Tanner,  This issue is continuing to happen daily.  Occurred again at 12:30 PM ET on 14-April and at 5:17 PM ET on 15-April.  A good 5 minutes had elapsed from the time I stopped music playing on my home Sonos until I received the “Someone else is Listening...” message while playing music on the Pandora app in my car - happens at the next song change.  Please let me know.   

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @do9ald Thanks for posting the follow up. 

I studied the logs from your trace, and I'm not seeing anything unusual. However, I did notice a couple of instance when it appeared that your iPhone and your Sonos were trying to play together. For example your Sonos was playing at 4:28 and then your iPhone attempted to play at 4:29 but there didn't appear to be any messaging associated with this.

I'm thinking this may be related to a bug that we are currently aware of and working on. I'm asking for further help to verify. 

I'll follow up when I hear back. 

Update 4/16/21: I just got confirmation that this is the bug I thought it was. Our engineers are working on a fix for it. Stay tuned for any upcoming updates, this will most likely how the fix will be released. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

do9ald
Underground

Awesome, thank you!  Please let me know if I can provide additional information or experience testing.