cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subaru: Unable to connect in vehicle and when disconnecting Pandora plays through phone

Milissa
Underground

I have a Subaru Outback and for the last week or so, I can't get the Pandora app to connect. I can play as Bluetooth audio, but I  used to be able to reliably use my car app so I had control of my app while driving. This is super frustrating. Also, when I  get out of my car, it starts playing over itself through my phone. It is like I have two different apps playing at the same time.

What happened?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Milissa 

Welcome to community!

Sorry for any trouble listening in your Subaru. Did this experience recently begin, have you recently updated your OS or the Pandora version?

To confirm, are you unable to connect to Android Auto or PandoraLink in your Subaru? If Android Auto, are you on the latest version of Android Auto 11?

Can you let me know:

• Make and model of your mobile
  • OS version
  • Pandora version

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Milissa
Underground

I don't have android auto capability

I have a Samsung Galaxy s23ultra

Pandora app 2310.1

Android version 14

My phone will now not consistently connect to Pandora and the app crashes repeatedly. This part is newer but this has been going on in total about a month. I don't know if I had an auto-update on the app. I cleared all data, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my phone, unpaired and deleted everything from my car, I am not sure what else to do. I love my music and Pandora is a big part of my life

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for follow up @Milissa.

Sounds like you've done some troubleshooting already. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

In the meantime, I recommend continuing to connect via Bluetooth to listen in your vehicle.

Sorry for the continued inconvenience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PuttPutt
Underground

this is happening to me as well on my iPhone. My pandora app is gone in my subaru outback. It will only play with bluetooth now

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @PuttPutt 

Could you tell me more about your experience:

• Are you connecting to Apple CarPlay?
  • What is your iOS version:
  • What is your Pandora version:
  • Have you tried connecting via USB and if so, did you have the same connection issue?

Thanks for the help with these additional questions!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PuttPutt
Underground

iOS-17.7

Pandora version 2408.1

Pandora Plus

USB- yes

Car Multimedia

This started a week back. The Pandora app is gone in my Subaru outback. Pandora only plays on the Bluetooth audio. I have deleted pandora on my phone and reinstalled it. Deleted everything on the Car Multimedia then reinstalled. Im so frustrated. Pandora was working fine for 3 years, now the app is gone in my car.

I have not had problems for almost 3 years playing my Pandora and the app showing in my Subaru. Then a week ago the app is gone in the car and it will only play with Bluetooth audio. I have done everything to fix it. Delete Pandora app on my phone then reinstall it. Deleted everything on my Car Multimedia then reinstalled. Im really upset this has happened because Pandora is what I listen to.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the reply, @PuttPutt 

Based on your description, when in your vehicle, it sounds like you connect to the PandoraLink app that is built into your Subaru's head unit. But now, the PandoraLink app no longer appears in the list of available apps within your car. Because of this you're not able to connect, correct?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PuttPutt
Underground
Correct. As of yesterday tho the Pandora App is now active in the Subaru. For a week the Pandora only played with Bluetooth Audio. Its all working as it should right now.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Ahh, okay, thanks for letting me know, @PuttPutt.

I know there have been no changes to PandoraLink from our side. So it my have been an update through Subaru, though this is just my theory, it's unclear.

If it happens again, I would check in with a Subaru dealership to see if there were any changes to their system.

Glad you're back to listening though. Have a happy Thursday!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PuttPutt
Underground
Thank you for your support