cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Pandora in my Car without a Phone

Jseverance
Local Performer

How do I connect to pandora in my vehicle without using my phone. 

Android

JS

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

BarbaraF
Local Performer

My car is a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe and it has a Pandora icon on the radio.  I can hook my iPhone 12 Pro up to the radio.  It works on the Pandora icon on the radio.  How can I get Pandora on my radio without connecting my iPhone 12?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jseverance!

Thanks for posting. At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.*

If you have a smartphone, I'm more than happy to help get you set up in your car. Could you tell me:

1. What is the make and model of your phone?
  2. What make, model and year is your automobile?
  3. If you have an aftermarket stereo (non-OEM), can you provide me the brand and model number?
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know. 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BarbaraF
Local Performer

My car is a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe and it has a Pandora icon on the radio.  I can hook my iPhone 12 Pro up to the radio.  It works on the Pandora icon on the radio.  How can I get Pandora on my radio without connecting my iPhone 12?

0 Kudos

BarbaraF
Local Performer

Is there a phone number I could call for assistance?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BarbaraF! Thanks for posting to community. 👋🏻

Pandora doesn't offer phone support but you can reach our User Support team via email here

In the meantime, I'm happy to help with any questions you may have. At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

For more info about using Pandora in your car, check out Pandora in the Car on our help page.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

waynelinda
Local Performer

I do have apple car play, if connected to my phone, am i using my data plan

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @waynelinda In order to stream Pandora in your vehicle with CarPlay, you'll need to connect your iPhone (with an active data plan) to your vehicle's head unit via USB or Bluetooth. 

With CarPlay you can use Siri to control playback on Pandora. Pandora Premium and Pandora Premium Family listeners can ask Siri to play stations, Pandora generated playlists, albums, podcasts, and songs on Pandora. Free and Pandora Plus listeners can request their favorite stations.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos