cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS - Songs skip when connected to Bluetooth

JediAnnihilator
Local Performer

Today was too ridiculous. I had to stop listening to Pandora. On my ride into work I almost never finished a song before the station would change. It would sometimes change within a few seconds of the previous change, only getting maybe 10-15 seconds of a song. Today almost all the station changes were to my regular stations that I listen to - or at least have listed to in the past. But it just never stayed on any one station for very long. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JediAnnihilator I moved your post over to the Automotive section since you are now experiencing a separate issue than the one you originally reported.

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  6. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

JediAnnihilator
Local Performer

1. Motorcycle 

2. Bluetooth headset in my helmet, Yovda (YOVDA Bluetooth Helmet Headset, Ultra Thin 0.27 Inch Motorcycle Sports Headset, Automatically Answer Incoming Calls, Volume Control, Dial Control, Motorcycle Headphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B3SLNT9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2D603A738V0SVM71A7PE?_encoding=UTF8...)

3. iPhone XR running iOS 14.6

4. 2105.1

5. Bluetooth to headset not car

6. no

7. I think so, yes, at my desk while listening on AirPod Pros. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JediAnnihilator! Based on your description it sounds like this is a simple bluetooth connection that connects to your iPhone.

I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help diagnose what may be happening.  I'd like for you to perform the following steps:

First, uninstall / reinstall the Pandora app:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Then, re-connect the bluetooth pairing. To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to the headset's manual for specific steps on how to reconnect to your phone. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos