cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/Subaru: No Network Message

juliomip
Local Performer

I drive a 2019 Subaru forester 

iPhone 14 pro max and was working first two or three days of having phone no problem.. now I’m getting and “NETWORK NOT AVAIALABLE” message when I open pandora.. the funny thing is I see the the radio load up behind the message but doesn’t play

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cvnativeinpa
Underground

I found the problem. I set my location services to "Only When Using the App" on all my apps. This includes Starlink. I do this to save battery life. I know I don't have to have my phone on when I use the Emergency Services as my phone went dead one day (battery) and I was still able to call them.

So I went into Starlink and the screen told me to load Starlink on my phone. It was already on there, but I changed my location to All Time, and then went into Pandora. Now the problem is fixed.

Apparently Starlink doesn't like "Only When Using the App".

Thank you so much for your help!
--
Elisabeth Pierce

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Cvnativeinpa
Underground

I'm having a bit of a problem.  I can play Pandora at home through my TV and computer just fine.  Yet, when I get into my car and bluetooth it, it goes into offline mode. 

Then when I try to change the station, it says "Network unavailable".  Should I reload the Pandora app on my iphone or any other ideas?

I have Subaru Starlink in my car

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @juliomip and @Cvnativeinpa! Sorry to hear about the trouble in your Subaru.

Does this only happen when connected to your Subaru or do you receive a similar message when connected to other devices?

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Model of your iPhone:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Does this occur only when connecting to Starlink or when connected with Bluetooth or USB only?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cvnativeinpa
Underground

Does this only happen when connected to your Subaru or do you receive a similar message when connected to other devices?
Only when connected to my Subaru
Could you tell me more about your device?
Model of your iPhone: iOS version:
iPhone SE, version 15.6.1
Pandora version:
Pandora version 2210.2
Does this occur only when connecting to Starlink or when connected with Bluetooth or USB only?
Right now, it appears only Bluetooth and it's consistent; no matter where I am. In the past, it has popped up on occasion when I'm traveling and connected to Starlink, but I believe that has something to do with being out of range.

By the way, your directions were very well written!

--
Elisabeth Pierce

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the reply @Cvnativeinpa and kind words! It's much appreciated. ❤️

The error message is definitely puzzling. However, the information you have provided is very helpful and I've passed this along.

I do have one suggestion that may help. The next time you connect to your Subaru, start playing Pandora first on your mobile. Then turn your car and connect to Starlink to see if the same error message appears.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cvnativeinpa
Underground

I found the problem. I set my location services to "Only When Using the App" on all my apps. This includes Starlink. I do this to save battery life. I know I don't have to have my phone on when I use the Emergency Services as my phone went dead one day (battery) and I was still able to call them.

So I went into Starlink and the screen told me to load Starlink on my phone. It was already on there, but I changed my location to All Time, and then went into Pandora. Now the problem is fixed.

Apparently Starlink doesn't like "Only When Using the App".

Thank you so much for your help!
--
Elisabeth Pierce

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Cvnativeinpa! I'm happy that you were able to solve. 🙌

Have a great Saturday!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport