cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Takeovers on stations

Wheels7185
Local Performer

We specifically use Pandora for the no commercials and no talking. We pay for the  premium and now this is gonna drive us AWAY from Pandora. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wheels7185 While there isn't a way to completely remove the Takeover Mode from your stations, I recommend creating a new thread in our Ideas space if you'd like to see that option added to the service.

This will give others around the community the chance to upvote your idea if it is something they are interested in seeing as well.

In the meantime, you will need to navigate back to My Station Mode if your station transitions to one of the Takeover Modes:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 4.40.53 AM.png

We appreciate you providing your feedback around this.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Trevor1
On the Rise

Why would that drive you away from Pandora?  Who is this we you are referring to?  The Artist Takeover is typically a mode on one of the stations, if you don’t want to hear the artist takeover just simply choose a different mode? Typically when a service offers an additional option it’s a good thing. If you don’t want to use the additional artist takeover, you don’t have to and you don’t lose anything. 

ElmoRutt
Local Performer

I find these takeovers annoying. How do I turn them off?

0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

I definitely want to be helpful but I am confused. Do you not know how to simply choose a different mode for a channel? If you don’t understand how to change the mode you are listening to, here is a link to everything you need to know about Station modes 

https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Pandora-Modes?language=en_US

Wheels7185
Local Performer
Yes, I know about how to change the mode (now.) But the Musician
Announcements still happen from time to time.

Again, I'm happy for those that enjoy it. We choose Pandora over all other
streaming services specifically for "Stations" and the complete lack of
announcers / announcements.
0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

Then just turn off the artist announcements. It’s not hard 

IMG_0111.png

ElmoRutt
Local Performer

All of my artist announcements are off but I still get some.

Several times I've been driving down the road, with the mode set to My Station and my phone on the seat next to me with the screen locked (i.e. I didn't change the mode), but I still get an artist takeover. Most recently it happened on Sunday.

0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

Well if turning them off doesn’t work for you and your phone is randomly changing modes on you with no one touching the phone. It may be time to find another service that doesn’t have station modes so your phone can’t randomly change it. I can’t offer any other suggestions since none of that has ever happened to me and I have been using the service on and off since like 2008.  Heck, I have the artist announcements on for every single channel I can and it happens so infrequently that I forget it even is a thing.  I switch between all the services, so there isn’t one I haven’t used.  So you have plenty of options and they don’t have modes or artist announcements so you never have to worry about hearing someone say something.  Maybe others in the community can confirm they are having the same mysterious mode changing thing happening and then that could lead to someone figuring out why. I also did a Google search to see if there were any articles about this happening. I can’t find anything about this.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wheels7185 While there isn't a way to completely remove the Takeover Mode from your stations, I recommend creating a new thread in our Ideas space if you'd like to see that option added to the service.

This will give others around the community the chance to upvote your idea if it is something they are interested in seeing as well.

In the meantime, you will need to navigate back to My Station Mode if your station transitions to one of the Takeover Modes:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 4.40.53 AM.png

We appreciate you providing your feedback around this.