cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celine Dion (My Heart Will Go On) vs Whitney Houston (I Will Always Love You)

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Hey guys, which song from these two mega stars would you be going with overall today? For me I believe My Heart Will Go On definately had much push from the movie and of course the story behind the movie and for that it is more memorable. Both songs lyrically are quite the same about loving someone who is not there. So I will go with Celine Here but not by much. 

Here is the link for both songs:

7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cptheg3. 👋

Another great (and tough) one.

I agree, "My Heart Will Go On" was so popular as was the movie Titanic. For this one, I will actually go with "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston. Personally, I think Whitney Houston is one of the best vocalists of all time. 

Look forward to the next one! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Cptheg3
Opening Act

I wanted to pick Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. Her voice was very powerful and like you said may very well be the greatest female singer of all time, its just the childhood memories of how the titanic and the song made me feel surpasses the feeling I get when I hear I Will Always Love You. 

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Cptheg3 Wow! Once again you've given us 2 great songs to choose from and this seems the toughest for me so far. I like both of these songs. I guess I'm going to go with Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". They sang this song at one of my friend's wedding about 8 years ago. He and his lovely wife are still together and still best friends. Peace! ✌️

@Cptheg3  another great challenge, but I am going with Whitney Houston and her hit song I Will Always Love You. I loved her in the movie Body Guard co-starring with Kevin Costner. Thanks for posting another great challenge, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Does anyone have Facebook? I will try to post on there too for challenges.

@Cptheg3 I don't, but I'm sure others who respond to this post probably have Facebook. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm going with "I Will Always Love you" by Whitney Houston on this one!