cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jr77089 Welcome to the Community!

You can find my introduction here.

Hope we continue to see you around some more. 😎

Blbatx25
Underground

Im new to this   trying to figure it out.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Community, @Blbatx25!

Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions. 😁

Dragon67005
Underground
  • Name? ZACH
  • Where you're from? Kansas, Phoenix, Vancouver
  • What your favorite genre of music is? I like can rock from Bach to Bosstones
  • What you're currently listening to? Mazzy Star/Tracy Chapman
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? The able to playing similar, if obscure artist on my other artist channels

Very hello, how are all musicfaces? I'm liking so every mixed from maybe crainberries, Alice in chains, Old Crow, pre/before-Black album Metallica, LP, Postage Maloney, Rev Peyton's Big **ahem** Band, Beastie Boys, Gorillaz, Tom Waits, Public Image Ltd., Dead South, Sublime , Bruise Springstein, & I love it all so every!!! Hoping to link to many more eclectic Musicfaces from the worldwide! I am have Epilepsy. so I can be cogent/Cognizant/somewhat intelligent at mostly, but on others & am losing my short memory & able to say words I always knew previously. So I asks for patients if I seems like I'm clowning, TBHonsetly though, I'm happy I'm dont stuttering & long paused for effect that you can hear in types word.

Post Script; i am currently 2 hours postictal. Please having patients

Dragon67005
Underground

Hello AlyssaPandora!

Could you explaining Thumbnail radio?

Kinda exited/terrified to check out Jpop, hoping is more synched with  Bōsōzoku tribe type car scene than Kpops...

Tia

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dragon67005. 👋

Happy to have you as a member of the :pandora: Community!

Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience. By playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations, we hope to bring you lots of your favorites while sprinkling in some new finds in a seamless listening journey. You can also find out more about how Thumbprint Radio works in this helpful article.

You can add Thumbprint Radio to your stations by searching for it or by visiting the Pandora website.

Hope to see you around more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Eclecticheart
Local Performer
  • Name? Sandi
  • Where you're from (currently)? Morrilton, Arkansas
  • What your favorite genre of music is? I love me some heavy metal. The harder, the faster, the better! However, I also love classical, ambiance, oldies, country, rock...pretty much everything!
  • What you're currently listening to? Nothing atm as everyone is sleeping.
  • Favorite feature of the Pandora service? Playlists!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eclecticheart Playlists are definitely one of my favorite features of Pandora Premium as well. 

Feel free to check out my intro here.

Hope we continue to see you around some more! 😁

Good Thursday morning @Eclecticheart (Sandi), here are two playlists I will happily share with you. The first one is my personal playlist it is called "MOHLovesAlaska playlist", this playlist is five songs south of 1,500 songs. MOHLovesAlaska Playlist, this next playlist is called Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD clean) playlist. This playlist is found on the GSOTD post, songs are added to this playlist every day. This playlist as of right now is four songs north of 1,300 Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD). You can make selections of your favorite songs to be added to this playlist, as long as they are clean, and of course, have not been already added. Well, hope to see you around the community, you take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

dlheller
Local Performer

Name is Doreen Heller

From Lennox Calif originally.  Phoenix and Prescott Arizona after that.  

Favorite genre....that's a hard one as I like so many.  But I guess I'd say Country.

Currently listening to 'Shuffle' on Pandora.  I love the Shuffle!

Favorite feature.....Shuffle and deep cuts!

My father was a stereo salesman in California when I was a kid.  We ALWAYS had music in our home.  All kinds of music.  He actually sold the Beach Boys some of their first recording equipment (back when their dad was their manager!).  I remember every time we got a new stereo system (usually the floor models when they were done with them at the store!), he'd have people over to show them how awesome the sound was.  He'd crank it WAY up to show them how clear the sound was.  I guess that is how I came to be a stereo 'snob'.  I can't stand static and crappy sound!

I also have a real hard time when people don't bother to pay attention and 'take in' the words to a song.  Music can be so meaningful but not if you don't really listen.  Just me I guess.   I even have my funeral songs picked out.  I'm sure there are more out there like me!

@dlheller great intro and I really like your story about your dad and the Beach Boys, hope to see you around the community more. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Naketunes102
Underground

Hey thanks name is Larry (La Gramps) originally from Seattle but looking at relocating any second. I'm a 63 year old single dude who cut his teeth on Black Sabbath once rock got hard enough etc.

But when really in a funk a few minutes of the loudest metal or something ear bleeding which I normally wouldn't do and I'm purring like a kitten again. Ask me anything you want okay?

Friends right now I could really use..

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Naketunes102 I've never been to Seattle yet, but it's definitely on my bucket list.

If you have any free time, feel free to participate in our latest playlist challenge: Challenge #17: City Playlist

Hope we continue to see you around some more. 😎

ehssenior17
Opening Act

image.png

- Name? Morgan Phillips

- Where you're from? Easley, SC, USA

- What your favorite genre of music is? Country and Rap

- What you're currently listening to? White Lightning by Ryan Upchurch

- A favorite feature of the Pandora service? That I can make my own playlist 

ehssenior17
Opening Act

download (1).png

Am I beautiful?

lucidgypsi
Local Performer
  • Name: Samantha
  • Where you're from: Gainesville Georgia
  • What your favorite genre of music is: 90s-2000
  • What you're currently listening to: Rihanna
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service: thumb print radio

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ehssenior17 @lucidgypsi. 👋

Welcome to the Pandora Community! You can find my introduction here. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Naketunes102
Underground
Hey I'm Larry Gramps originally from Seattle, and looking at a road trip in
days.
Always been a rocker but I was born in '57 so blues is my foundation.
Hard rock, 80' hair bands, headbanging and classic metal is my cure for
this world.
Right now I'm listening to Slaughter, Flight to the Angel on the Cinderella
Radio right here and can't get it loud enough.
Thanks

Naketunes102
Underground
12/19/1957

ehssenior17
Opening Act

There should be a volume button on the pandora app