cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,287 Replies

DeadlyButterfly
Local Performer
  • Name? Timmie
  • Where you're from? Some Random Graveyard (I joined Pandora when I was 12, almost 10 years ago, so I'm just going to keep up with the story my angsty pre-teen self put in my bio then). 
  • What your favorite genre of music is? Rock, metal, and stuff like that
  • What you're currently listening to? Pet by A Perfect Circle 
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? Thumbprint Radio

Honestly haven't used Pandora for the past few years, but its cool to see how things have changed. I mainly just came back to see my old playlists and cringe, while I make my friends join me in singing emo songs from our childhood. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's nice to have you back, @DeadlyButterfly😁

If you ever need help, or have any questions, feel free to create a new post in one of our support spaces, and myself or one of our other moderators will be happy to assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Christina173
Underground

My name is christina im from flagstaff arizona and my favorite genre of music is 80s currently im listening to the pet shop boys... what can i say they are my favorite haha. Oh and im 17

@Christina173 the 80's are truly one of the best if not the best decade for music. It is still very popular today, and as you stated, you are 17 and you love the 80's so nothing more to add to that. And nice to meet you as well. If you ever have any music requests that you would like to see posted, I curate the GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only) post and playlist. Just go to that post and make your request. You will also find the link to the playlist at the beginning of the post. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Rappin271
Local Performer

Hello from borger tx 

IMG_20210731_172843585.jpg

Kd82
Underground

Hello everybody! My name is dalynn shouting out from my hometown Dalton Georgia! What's uupppp!!!!! 

@Kd82 and hello to you from Up-State N.Y. and yes I have to specify Up-State N.Y, most people assume the City if I just say N.Y. there are just over 8 million people living in Up-State compared to that of 11.2 million living in the City of N.Y. (Long Island included). 

Anyway, it is nice to meet you, you take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Kd82
Underground
Thank you so much for the lines! And for replying back to me! You're TRUELY
awesome!! I love Pandora!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Kd82 @Rappin271 @Christina173 👋

Happy to have you - welcome to the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Kd82
Underground
Thank you so very much! I love Pandora! It is truly awesome! I recommend
Pandora over any other music station. Thank you Pandora for being so great!

Xenakat13
Opening Act
  1. Name?  I go by Kat
  2. Where I'm from?  Boston, MA, in the USA
  3. Favorite genre of music? "It varies from moment to moment."...one of my favorite movie quotes, and it fits here. I can generally find something to like in all genres, and I often go off on kicks where I will listen to one genre almost exclusively for a few days...or up to several weeks.  Looking back to the time when I first discovered my ability to choose what kind of music I listen to (the tween years), I notice most of it tends to be goth or non-American folk or traditional music.
  4. Currently listening to? For the last several months, I have been listening to Viking inspired rock and folk music, as well as medieval-style rock or bard-style songs.  Think stuff you'd find being played at a Renaissance Faire alternating with heavy metal.  Just to mix things up and keep me on my own toes, I'll occasionally set myself a playlist of Visual Kei and J-pop bands.
  5. Favorite feature of Pandora's service?  That it can "learn" what I like...leading me to find new, similar music to stuff I like much more easily.  I have also set up different stations based on my moods, and so far, each station has managed to "learn" not to play heavy metal on my pop station, or rap on my Celtic/Irish station. It can be really jarring to switch moods like that.

I'm still playing around with making stations, but I love it so far.  Keep up the great work!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xenakat13 I can relate - my mood and how I'm feeling definitely dictates what type of music I listen to.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 😎

krystimassie21
Local Performer

My name is Krysti! I'm from born in Illinois but raised since I was 6 months in Arkansas. My favorite genre of music is all kinds. It doesn't matter. I love all music. I'm currently listening to three days grace. Favorite Pandora service would be the downloading. I love how I can download the music that I love. Which is all. So just imagen how much music I'll be able to have... 

Krysti J Massie

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@krystimassie21 The ability to download content for offline mode is definitely one of my favorite features as well.

It comes in handy when you don't have any service.

Thanks for sharing, and hope we continue to see you around some more! 😁

JohnDavidSumner
Underground

C020AA23-812F-4772-A8ED-760FF7C9454C.jpeg

 𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸. 𝓜𝔂 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓙𝓸𝓱𝓷 𝓓𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓭 𝓢𝓾𝓶𝓷𝓮𝓻. 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓖𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓕𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓪 𝓸𝓷 𝓜𝓪𝔂 3𝓻𝓭 1968. 𝓘'𝓶 53. 𝓣𝓪𝓾𝓻𝓾𝓼. 𝓜𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓲𝓼 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓻𝔂 & 𝓕𝓸𝓵𝓴 𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 1990. 𝓕𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓮 & 𝓯𝓮𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓭 & 𝔀𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼 𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 & 𝓡𝓲𝓽𝓪 𝓒𝓸𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓭𝓰𝓮. 𝓕𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓪 𝓯𝓾𝓷𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷? 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝔀 1 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓭. 𝓘 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓶𝓫 𝓾𝓹 𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓼 𝓾𝓹 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶. 𝓑𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓼. 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷. 𝓘 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓻 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓟𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽 & 𝓘 𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻. 𝓑𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓪 𝓷𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹 𝓯𝓸𝓻 15 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼. 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓟𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓪!!!! 

rudejohn
Underground
  • Name? John
  • Where you're from? Suburban Detroit
  • Your favorite genre of music? Blues rock
  • What you're currently listening to? Explosions in the Sky Radio 
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? View session history

I joined Pandora in November 2005 (~2 months after the service launched to the general public and the same month they added a free service instead of just free trial). It's been a fun almost-16-years!

Favorite bands (not superstar mainstream) you should check out:
Eels, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Reverend Peyton's Big "Dang" Band, Rodrigo y Gabriela

allstarrayy
Local Performer

1. Ray

2. Pennsylvania

3. Rap and R&B

4. Wokeuplikethis by Playboi Carti and Lil Uzi Vert

5. The variety of music on here.

Suge
Diamond in the Rough

Hi everyone I live in Oklahoma I was raised on variety of music never watch TV usually drive people crazy with music but music is my medicine

Gina Suge V.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Suge @rudejohn @allstarrayy @JohnDavidSumner. 👋

Thanks so much for joining the Pandora Community! :pandora:

My name is Alyssa and I'm one of the community moderators. You can find my intro here.

Feel free to check out some of our community activities:

Hope to see you around the community more!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

greglw3
Underground

Hi! I’m Greg Allen.

I'm originally from Toledo, Ohio then 21 years in Chicago (dance club heaven!) and now the last 7 years in Nashville, TN.

My musical tastes are extremely eclectic! I started out with Tommy James and the Shondells. Other favorite groups along the way were ELO, Black Sabbath, Yes.

In 1980, I was exposed to Funk at Kent State University and I was in LOVE! For the next 10 years, I went to countless Toledo dance clubs, bought funk singles and 12" singles. My favorite funk groups were, #1 Zapp and Roger, then The Gap Band and Midnight Star. Others that registered were The Deele, Alexander O’Neal, The Dramatics (Live it up! a hard to find record now, I think), SOS Band, Cherrelle, ABC (The Look of Love), Mtume, Evelyn Champagne King, Cheryl Lynn, Klymaxx, Pebbles, One Way, Spyder D, WHodini, Cameo, LL Cool J and Kool Moe Dee (the Wild Wild West). Not to mention Madonna and the Pet Shop Boys.

When  got to Chicago, it was the early 90s and I remember hearing my first Eurodance tune. I was enthralled. The group was Culture Beat and favorites are 'I like You', 'Take Me Away', 'Mr. Vain', 'Crying in the rain'. I grew to love Eurodance groups such as Corona, Le Click, Le Bouche, Snap!, Captain Hollywood, Scatman John, Rednex, Haddaway and on and on.

My next musical epiphany occurred in Chicago while at the huge Tower records when I discovered a very important album to me in Paul van Dyk’s 'The Politics of Dancing'. That exposed me to 4 Strings. Van Dyk is still my favorite Trance DJ but I also like Armin van Buuren (Burned with Desire), Markus Schulz, Kaskade.

I also got into Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream and other pioneering electronic groups such as Kraftwerk. I even wrote a 2008 book called, 'Klaus Schulze: Electronic music Legend' which is pushing the 1000 mark in sales.

After COVID hit in March of 2020, I decided to make some music but I didn’t want to pull over my synthesizer to the couch area, which was so crowded. So, I set out in Garageband and quick realized it was a beat makers heaven! I could create funk, house and trance mixed with funk, I made a reggae song (reggae is another huge love of mine with favorites Steel Pulse and Burning Spear. I discovered Cali Roots Riddim by Collie Buddz not too long ago and for a long time reggae lover, it captures so much of what I love about reggae. One of my most important reggae discoveries ever!!!

So I worked about a year, most every day, on beat oriented songs, a little chill and the reggae song. The longest I spent was 2 months on one song.

The album is Riding the Beat by Greg Allen and I also personally stocked my radio station with about 150 songs in the dance vein. The fun thing is that Pandora taught me a lot of new, fascinating songs! I also just finished a playlist of 175 dance music songs called 'Greg Allen’s Best of Dance Music'.

I hope you’ll give my first dance music album (I did an ambient album previously) a listen and my Playlist radio station will show you what makes me tick, dance music-wise.

Thanks, Greg