cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lion King (Can You Feel The Love Tonight) vs Aladin (A Whole New World)

Cptheg3
Opening Act

Wanted to switch things up a bit here and choose two great soundtracks from two old school movies from our childhood years. Which song hits the heart the most overall? Here are the two songs

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - https://pandora.app.link/Qv9TvETWgpb

A Whole New World - https://pandora.app.link/KM7lqvRWgpb

12 Replies

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Cptheg3 Once again, I applaud you for your choices. I'm going with Aladdin's "A Whole New World" on this challenge.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

This one really hit home since I grew up on both of these movies, @Cptheg3.

I will have to go with Can You Feel the Love Tonight since the Lion King was probably one of my favorite Disney movies growing up. 

Cptheg3
Opening Act

I would have to agree, I myself would pick Can You Feel The Love Tonight. The song was great also because how long Simba and Nala was apart and they found each other, it made it that much more emotional.

@Cptheg3 another great 👍 match-up, I'm going to have to go with Elton John's Can You Feel The Love Tonight. Thanks for posting another hard challenge. Take care and stay safe. 

P.S. there is another version of this song but I chose Elton John's version. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Cptheg3. 👋

This is a GOOD one. 

Growing up, I loved Princess Jasmine so I'm a little biased with this one. My choice is "A Whole New World" - the lyrics are also more meaningful to me. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@AlyssaPandora you know what's funny, both of these movies were on Free-form channel yesterday, my sister watched Aladin and then the Lion King right after. Have a great Monday, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, so random @MOHLovesAlaska. Both movies are classics for sure. I remember having VHS tapes of the popular Disney movies during that time. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I've been an uncle (as well as a great-uncle now) for most of my adult life. I've probably watched every Disney movie from at least the last 35+years. I really do think this was an awesome challenge. Most people can remember both movies and everyone will have their own favorite for their own reasons both for the song selections as well as the 2 movies.

CrystalGuidry
Underground

We crystal hope sweet me love family home 

CrystalGuidry
Underground

Crystal love me sing 🎤 

CrystalGuidry
Underground

Crystal good love ❤️ you Home yes 

LydiaNorman
Underground

Thank you, my choice is the song A Whole New World, because it is very romantic and beautiful. I love how Aladdin and Jasmine sing to each other about their feelings and desires. This is a song about true love and freedom.