cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast Discovery

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are there any interesting podcast that you've been listening to that you would recommend? I am always looking for new podcasts to listen to on my commute and would love to hear some recommendations from you all:

Here is a list of some of my favorite, recommended podcasts:

• Criminal - Criminal is a podcast about crime. Not so much the "if it bleeds, it leads," kind of crime.
  • TED Talks Daily - Want TED Talks on the go? Every weekday, this feed brings you out latest talks in audio format.
  • Ellen on the Go - Ellen on the go is the place to hear what they're talking about on the Ellen Degeners Show!
  • Stuff You Missed in History Class - Join Holly and Tracy as they bring you the greatest and stangest Stuff You Missed In History Class in this podcast by HowStuffWorks.
  • Questlove Supreme - Join Questlove as he hosts a weekly radio show that digs deep into the stories behind the names you know, and the names you might not.
Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Travix
Opening Act

I listen to a ton of Podcasts. Some of my favorites are:

True Crime Garage - Coverage of crimes and mysteries new and old

Serial Killers - An Examination of Serial Killers

Thinking Sideways - Exploring mysteries, and the unkown (New episodes no longer produced, but an extensive library.

Battle of the Atom - Summeries and rankings of every X-Men comic arc ever.

Speak & Destroy - Discussion of All Things Metallica

Ridiculous History - An examination of bizarre but true moments in history

Wizard and the Bruiser - Histories of nerd culture topics (Video Games, Movies, Comic Characters etc.)

Stuff You Should Know - Deep Dives into a wide variety of Topics.

Generation Why - True Crime Podcast

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Travix Thanks for taking the time to share your recommendations!

I am totally going to take you up on those and start listening as I see that you're a mystery/crime fan like myself. I'll let you know which ones are my favs from these.

Thanks again for the recommendations! 🎧

Travix
Opening Act

Looking forward to hearing what you enjoy.  Casefile and Sword & Scale are two other True Crime podcasts I really like.  Sword & Scale has recently had some controversy surrounding the host, but the content is usually decent.  Casefile is great.

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone -- I am happy to announce that podcasts are now available on the Web and Pandora’s Desktop App.

For more information on podcasts for Web and the Pandora Desktop App, check out this Product Highlights article.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ErickPandora Just discovered a new true crime podcast on Pandora, The Apology Line. Seems interesting! 🎧

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 1.07.24 PM.png

Here's the description:

"If you could call a number and say you’re sorry, and no one would know…what would you apologize for? For fifteen years, you could call a number in Manhattan and do just that. This is the story of the line, and the man at the other end who became consumed by his own creation. He was known as “Mr. Apology.” As thousands of callers flooded the line, confessing to everything from shoplifting to infidelity, drug dealing to murder, Mr. Apology realized he couldn’t just listen. He had to do something, even if it meant risking everything. From Wondery the makers of Dr. Death and The Shrink Next Door, comes a story about empathy, deception and obsession. Marissa Bridge, who knew Mr. Apology better than anyone, hosts this six episode series."

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @AlyssaPandora😁

This definitely sounds interesting! I love all of Wondery's podcasts, they do such a great job.