cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Is there any music you encountered for the first time on Pandora?

Pandora

Pandora_0-1687281959657.png

Let us know your favorite musical discoveries! ⤵️ 🎶

Tags (2)
14 Replies

Listener001
Not applicable

A friend of mine and fellow Pandora-er introduced me to Vancouver Sleep Clinic , and I first did my research through Pandora.

everybitcoleman_0-1687293280460.jpeg

FoxHan13
Opening Act

I discovered one of my favorite bands, The Kills, on Pandora years ago! Their track Black Balloon played on my Santigold station. It's still my favorite song of theirs to this day ❤️

deardzzz
Opening Act

Auto-Play is one of Pandora's greatest features. I'll wake up with an ear-worm and want to quickly play the song; if I walk away, Pandora will keep playing similar tracks and start in auto-play, which I believe is where true discovery occurs. Our stations can get repetitive with everything we like, but they don't necessarily introduce us to new various artists.

I discovered Heartless Bas*ards "Only For You" while in auto-play of Alabama Shakes. They are just one of many bands you won't hear on the radio, which is why Pandora is the place to listen.
💓

Only For You - Heartless Bas*tards

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love this question. I discovered quite a few artists while listening to Pandora stations over the years, I'm grateful for that. Similar to @FoxHan13 I have a couple of favorites that stand out for me (and listen to): 

_500W_500H-1.jpg

🎶 Tom Misch

_500W_500H-2.jpg

🎶 Sampha

Great suggestion, @deardzzz! Autoplay is a really cool feature, keeps the music going. I love modes - this helps me discover music that I might not come across while listening to my normal stations. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Recently discovered this track while on AutoPlay as well, @deardzzz!

WHITE CROCS by Jordan Ward & Ryan Trey 

_500W_500H.jpeg

@Pandora I love the fact that you can collect stations from your favorite music artists, and you can play those stations in shuffle mode. I believe I have nearly 200 stations collected in my personal collection. Some stations have as few as 4 songs and some have over 20 to 30. Plus you can add other songs to any station that you collected. 

I also discovered music artist that I have never heard of as well as music genre I have never heard until I became a Pandora customer. 

Twisted Highway  by Erica Wennerstrom, Be Here To Love Me by Erica Wennerstrom. This music artist has only 11 songs in Pandora's library. When I first discovered her she only had 32 monthly listeners, now I believe she is over 500. @deardzzz mentioned the band Heartless Bast*rds quite ironic due to the fact that Erica Wennerstrom was the lead singer for that band.  And @AlyssaPandora introduced me to Freya Riding who has become one of my personal favorites. Lost Without You  by Freya Ridings, You Mean The World To Me  by Freya Ridings. I also discovered Minipop, Fluke, and several other artists that I would have never heard of if it had not been for @Pandora. As a bonus to me I have collected all of my favorite music artist music, and that is of course Jewel. 

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

INVENTORISM
Opening Act

I am glad to I got in on that one. I like sometime I know my station are being played like you say all my songs will be played thank you pandora but if you miss that related song thing you losed ! What I did I picked everybody related no matter how many . Playing everybody music you just pick what you want to hear . Thank you inventorism by vjw radio pandora !

mod edit: format

Nitrohead50
Diamond in the Rough

I've found so many new artists on pandora. Blackberry smoke, The Georgia thunderbolts, the road hammers, envy of none, and so many more.

Hilary
Underground

Wanted to say that when I saw the description "Deep Cuts" my first thought was oh yeah, ho-hum..

Then I heard a song that I haven't heard since it was originally on the radio in the late 60s!!! HOLY MOLEY YOU MEANT IT!!!

"Shambala" by Three Dog Night 

That's IT!!!! I'm now a lifetime member and I couldn't subscribe fast enough 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Hilary. 👋

Love hearing this! I also enjoy deep cuts mode. My favorite mode right now is Crowd Faves 🙌

Hilary
Underground

@AlyssaPandora ... I will definitely check that out; a cashier I'm friends with had mentioned it too, so your comment kinda sealed the deal LOL

OH and just wanted to share something hilarious... I'm loving Pandora so much that I upgraded to Premium Family and now my dogs are confused bcuz I'm bopping around the living room with my playlist, my granddaughter is playing her Kpop stuff in her room, my daughter is in the kitchen with HER playlist and my SIL has a podcast going... so the dogs can't decide what they want to hear LMAOOO 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Haha! @Hilary Sounds like you've got the whole family involved now. Music is a beautiful thing to share with others. Thanks for being a Pandora listener! It's people like you that keep us doing what we're doing. :pandora:

Topdjhere
Underground

!I've discovered more music than I can remember. I love finding new artists!!!

Thanks,
G Lee

Hg0428
Local Performer

I encountered one of my favorite songs of all time for the first time on Pandora, I Am Yours by NeedToBreathe.