cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: What's your favorite musical era or decade?

Pandora

musicera.png

Is it the artists or genres? Cultural influences or personal nostalgia? Share what that resonates with you the most. ⤵️

22 Replies

TannerPandora

I've found a new love of the 80's. You can't beat the lyrics, melodies and music videos of that decade, really just one of a kind. One of my favorites is Bonnie Tyler.

Check out Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire!

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 1.28.20 PM.png

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

deardzzz
Opening Act

I've been told since I was a child that I had a strong affinity for the 60s & 70s era. Despite growing up in the 1980s, I've always been captivated to the timeless sounds of the classics. Choosing between these two decades is difficult because I feel like the music from that era blends together beautifully.

_1080W_1080H.jpg

Sweet Thing by Rufus feat. Chaka Khan

_1080W_1080H (1).jpg

These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding

_500W_500H (2).jpg

I'd Rather Go Blind by Etta James

_1080W_1080H (2).jpg

Sound and Vision by David Bowie

_1080W_1080H (3).jpg

Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

90s for me!

Check out 90s R&B Radio here:

500W_500H.jpg

@Pandora for me it is hard to chose just one Era or decade. I have sentimental feelings of the 60's because of my parents, I also have sentimental feelings of the 70's because of my older siblings, 80's because I grew up in that Era, and many considered it to be the best decade for music. Then there is the 90's (the break out decade of my favorite music artist) and some of my top ten favorites as well. Plus the 2000's up to today hasn't been to shabby either. If you want a definitive answer then this is about as close as you will get. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

TannerPandora

Agreed, @MOHLovesAlaska. They are all great, and it's hard to pick just one decade. Here's a challenge for you. How about five songs, one song total from each decade, that you really love and could listen to on repeat forever?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Listener001
Not applicable

Y'all come up with some questions that really make me think!

I would have to say the 1980's. I was born in 1984, and it was a bada$$ year for Tina Turner ! I can't help but love 1980's pop, as well as 1980's country. Nothing like the debut of Reba McEntire!

@TannerPandora good evening, I am sorry for such a late response to your challenge, but work then mowing the yard, you get the picture. 

But here are my top songs for each decade starting with the 60's up to the 2010 decade. My first choice is a neutral one because I can only choose one. Had I been able to choose more than one song then I would've chose my mom's favorite song as well as my dad's favorite. So here is my first choice, this song came out in 1965 by the Righteous Brothers Unchained Melody  this song is still considered one of the greatest love songs of all time. 

My 1970's song of choice is my oldest brother David's favorite song, this song was produced in 1972 by Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show. Sylvias Mother 

My song of choice for the 80's decade was a very difficult as well as challenging, but here is my final choice. The Living Years by Mike + The Mechanics, this song came out in 1989.

The 1990's was the breakout decade for my favorite music artist, Jewel. She had the top song in 1997 with Foolish Games (LP Version) ,  and tied for first was another song by Jewel. You Were Meant For Me.

My song of choice for the 2000's is The Scientist  by Coldplay. 

For the 2010's it's Royals   by Lorde. 

Thanks @TannerPandora for the challenge, it was a very difficult one for me that's for sure. Have a great weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Poppop1971
Underground

Classic rock (Aerosmith, Bon Jovi etc )

Poppop1971
Underground

What was STEELE HEARTS most popular song? 

@Poppop1971 either She's Gone or I'll Never Let You Go. I believe they were the most popular songs they sang. Both songs are very early 1990's. One of my all time favorites of the early 90's is She Talks To Angel's by The Black Crows. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska @TannerPandora  I agree! Such a tough decision.

For me, it'd have to be the early 2000s simply for nostalgic reasons. This is really when I started to dive deeper and start to enjoy music. I remember making burning CDs to listen to in my mom's car and in my CD player / stereo, lol. However, similar to @deardzzz I too enjoy the classics and have vivid memories of those growing up. ❤️ 

2000s Pop Radio

500W_500H.jpg

2000s R&B Radio

500W_500H-1.jpg

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

TannerPandora

I'll always love the 90s and 2000s R&B, @AlyssaPandora  - the Golden age to me. 😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

yay_yes
Underground

The 80's had definitely some of the best songs like "Living on a prayer". I definitely like upbeat music that has a meaning in the words. 

itsyourgirlsadi
Local Performer

My favorite musical era is Six The Musical which is a modern retelling of the lives of the six wives of Henry VIII

Krystal Studios

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @itsyourgirlsadi. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

@TannerPandora posted about this musical some time ago as he enjoyed it too. You can find that post here: Six - The Musical

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

MotherNature
Underground

I'm an 80's kid, through and through. We had the best music, coolest clothes and wildest hair. It was a rad time to be a young adult.

TannerPandora

OMG @itsyourgirlsadi! Love Six the Musical! Definitely in my top three favs.

I saw this musical while I was in London and it was amazing. I considered watching it again when it came to San Francisco, but the pricing for American theater is a bit higher. I want to watch it again when I go back to London. 😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

50Young
Local Performer

The 70s are the best 

Poppop1971
Underground

80s was the greatest music ever