cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solutions

Listener001
Not applicable

Can Someone Tell Me What Solutions Really Are Please?

5 Replies

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

helping solve/answer a issue/question someone has

ks

Listener001
Not applicable

Thank you!

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

np            

ks
0 Kudos

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Something I don't yet understand about this forum is how "solutions" are chosen.  I would think that it would be up to the OP of a thread, or perhaps voting by the members, but it seems that a majority of the time the moderator replies are automatically designated as solution.😕  Thankfully, there is(or at least has been) an option to remove that designation when appropriate, but I can't see how to pick one that's clearly the solution & set it as such.  Here's a screenshot of what I would select as solution to the issue in this thread's original post... if it would let me:

FrostLab_0-1702452798863.png

...but, as you(hopefully) can see, there's no option for that in the drop-down menu.  I supposed it's possible, though I don't remember, that I already told the system that the reply was NOT the solution(which I would have done at the time I first read it due to the fact it was already designated as solution before I had a chance to implement the advised changes!), but I feel it would be pretty stupid if that made it so that that reply could NEVER be re-designated as solution.  That would be like saying people don't change their minds, which we all can agree would be pure lunacy.

@TannerPandora  or others, do tell?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrostLab Thanks so much for pointing that out.

There are times where I've noticed some of our friends around the Community may inadvertently mark a message as a solution when it really shouldn't be.

I've gone ahead and marked the correct reply as the solution on that thread.

For more information around accepted solutions, check out the following sections in our FAQ:

Hope this helps!