cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That one song.

ShortieCx
Opening Act

Listening to Pandora as always. There is always that one song that reminds me of a friend I lost. Every time it plays, I remember the day I last saw him. For six years this song has been able to make me cry. I was wondering if anyone else has a song that reminds them of someone in their life.

-ShortieCx
10 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ShortieCx -- So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I feel like we all have certain songs that remind us of a specific person or moment in time. The song by Wiz Khalifa - See You Again is one of the songs that makes me emotional when thinking about the loss of my grandfather and a few close friends that didn't make it to today.

I hope you're staying strong and that the music is helping you cope with your loss. Your Pandora Community family is always here for you as well. :pandora: Thanks for taking the time to share such an intimate and personal experience/song.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

So sorry for your loss Shortie. I lost my Grandmother 20 years ago, it was a difficult loss. Christmas time, I was listening to a song by John Schmidt of the Piano guys, he dedicated to his daughter Ann,”The Sweetest Gift”. 

ShortieCx sorry to hear about your friend. Losing a friend sometimes has a greater impact on us then others, every loss is a great loss, but friends can be the hardest of losses. I actually have two songs that remind me of those I lost and still remember. My first is a song my dad loved, it is by George Jones "He Stopped Loving Her Today." https://pandora.app.link/GI92cEw6q8 . The second song reminds me of the first girl I had given my heart too. This song is by Journey "Faithfully." https://pandora.app.link/EcrQGQB6q8 . I added the links to these two songs in case you would be interested in listening to them. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

ShortieCx
Opening Act

Hello @ErickPandora 

That is one song that I think everyone relates too. It was one of the songs his family chose to play at the funeral. Jeff Williams - Red Like Roses - Part II is the song that reminds me of him. Knowing it is about a daughter and her mother doesn't change that for some reason. Both are beautiful songs. I am doing a lot better now then I had been. Music helps me through everything. Thank you for sharing as well.

-ShortieCx

ShortieCx
Opening Act

Thank you @joemd1960. I am sorry for yours as well. Losing family is never easy. 

-ShortieCx

ShortieCx
Opening Act

@MOHLovesAlaska I agree. Sometimes losing a friend is a harder loss to bear. His was the hardest loss I have encountered. That is my own fault. I have such a high opinion of him and placed him on such a high pedestal. He saved my life once, so when he lost his own it took a lot out of me. It crushed all of us. I will definitely listen to both. Especially since they mean this much to you. Thank you for sharing! I hope things are well with you.

-ShortieCx

Yoshi
Diamond in the Rough

All I Want For Christmas. A loved one went away the day right before Christmas break. We dated for a month or so, and it sucked to have her leave. She was all i wanted for Christmas...

-If you think about it, the brain named itself...-

Yoshi
Diamond in the Rough

Music is the cure. 

0 Kudos

ShortieCx
Opening Act

I am terribly sorry that you had to go through that. I hope things have gotten better. If not then I hope they do. It is never easy losing someone you love.

-ShortieCx

Yoshi
Diamond in the Rough

Yeah I'm alright now. Heart of steel. Thanks. Same to you.