cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird And True Facts.

I will try and post one weird but true fact each weekday. Perhaps on a Saturday when I have some free time, like now. 

In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself. (Source is from bu.edu website)

Apparently she never considered herself lost. 

Have a blessed weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
155 Replies

Good Monday morning dear friend, and welcome to weird but true facts. 

Striking your head against the wall, you can lose 150 calories an hour. (Source comes from bu.edu) I can think of many other ways to lose calories that is way less painful. 

Have a great day, take care, and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning dear friend, here is today's weird but true fact. 

Miami installed the first ATM for inline skaters. As reported by the Orlando Sentinel, the Miami Beach branch of Citibank noticed that there were enough people rolling around town that an option for them to grab some cash without having to take their skates off and walk into the bank in sweaty socks might be prudent. First installed in 1996, the ATM was a hit with rollerbladers. Brian Leonard, who skated to his job as a waiter, told the newspaper at the time, "Hey, that's a great thing for skaters. I'll be using that baby all the time." (Source comes from Bestoflife.com/snapple-facts/)

Have a great day dear friend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning dear friend, and welcome to weird but true facts. 

According to Snapple-facts "Real Fact" # 906 Rubber bands will last longer when you refrigerate them. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I haven't had one in quite some time but I have always loved reading the Snapple facts. Thanks for sharing, @MOHLovesAlaska!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

@AlyssaPandora my favorite is Mango. Thank you for your reply as well as your support in this thread. Have a great evening dear friend. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning dear friend. 

Four corners Arizona is the only place in the United States where you can actually stand in four different states at the same time. (Source comes from Real Fact # 288). 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow - that's an interesting one! Thanks for your post today, @MOHLovesAlaska

@AlyssaPandora hi dear friend, I hope to be back posting regularly very soon. Have a great evening. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Thanks for sharing!

Also, it's nice to see you back. 😎

Good Thursday morning dear friend. 

According to Real Fact #321 the word "Purple" does not rhyme with any other word in the English speaking language. 

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I can confirm - I just spent more time than I should have trying to find a word that rhymes with purple, and was unsuccessful. 😂

Thanks for always sharing these fun facts! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah, I can't think of any either lol, @MOHLovesAlaska @AdamPandora.

@AlyssaPandora, @AdamPandora thank you for being my biggest supporters for the threads that I do here on Pandora, I must also mention my good friend @ErickPandora as well. You three are what makes this community a very fun place to hangout and mingle. Thank you for your reply as well as your friendship, and support. 

Take care and GOD bless you all. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Good Friday morning dear friend.

The northernmost, easternmost and westernmost points in the U.S. are found in Alaska. It's true! Point Barrow in the north and both the eastern and western points are in the Aleutian Chain, or Aleutian Islands. (Source comes from www.graylinealaska.com)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Saturday morning dear friend, I usually don't post on the weekends, but since I haven't posted regularly for awhile, and I have some free time right now, so why not. 

According to Real Fact #193 the last year that read the same when upside-down was in 1961. That will not happen again until the year 6009. 

Have a blessed weekend, take care, and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska That's a very long time from now. 😮

A little un-related, but I saw somewhere that the last day of this year will be 123123 (12/31/23). 

@AdamPandora very cool 😎, not unrelated at all dear friend. I find it just as interesting as the other. Have a great weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I had a feeling you would like that fact as well. 😃

Have a great weekend!

Good Tuesday morning dear friend, according to "Real Fact #163" The first penny had the motto "Mind your own business" stamped on it. But in fact it didn't say "own" business, it just simply said "Mind your business". And that is according to unchartedlancaster.com.

At the coin’s bottom, Franklin added the phrase, “mind your business.” To modern ears, that may sound like a rude insult, but Franklin being an influential and successful businessman, likely meant the word “business” literally as in pay attention to your business affairs.

The coin’s reverse has the motto, “We Are One,” surrounded by thirteen chain links representing the original thirteen states. Here’s a fun side note. Following the 1788 ratification of the Constitution, U.S. coins transitioned to the motto E pluribus unum Latin for “out of many, one” found on the Great Seal of the United States. Interestingly enough, words spoken by Onondaga nation chief Canassatego during the Great Indian Treaty of 1744 in Lancaster, PA, helped to inspire the design of the Great Seal.

Have a great day, take care, and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning dear friend, here is another weird but true fact, in fact this fact really isn't all that weird at all. But I'll let you be the judge of that.

In 1905 11 year old Frank Epperson accidentally invented the ice-pop. Young Frank Epperson left water and soda powder outside overnight with a wooden stirrer in the cup. When he discovered the mixture had frozen, the “Epsicle” was born. (Source comes from weareteachers.com/weird-fun-facts/) 

MOHLovesAlaska