cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What album by a female artist do you recommend?

Pandora

Put us on! ⤵️ #WomensHistoryMonth

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 5.30.41 AM.png

Tags (1)
25 Replies

radioBrian
Local Performer

Anything by Ella Fitzgerald 

ditto for Billie Holiday 

8MŰŞÏĆįšŁÍFĘ8
Local Performer

My Name is Jason, My fam calls me J. I'm new to the community but I Am  a LongTimeSubscriber of PandoraMusic. Music Is In My Veins, Literally and If you're looking for Newer Female Metalists or Alternative Rock Artists, I would suggest these GodessLike"Sirens"OfMetal. Their Voices Combined With InsaneAnd Intricately Crafted Instrumentation Makes for what I can only consider to be MasterpiecesOfMusic. Anyone that Enjoys  Music with A Deep Meaning,  "What like to call #Epic or #MovieMusic, I Highly suggest, "Leah", Some Of Her Best Albums in my opinion Kings&Queens or TheQuest. Metalists With a Beautiful Voice in the Lead And BengeWorthy Albums include; "WithinTemptation" is at the top of my list of favorites. Albums: "Resist", "TheUnforgiving", "TheHeartOfEverything", and "TheSilentForce". 2nd "Nemesea", Albums: "TheQuietResistance", "In Control", and "Uprise". 3rd And Deff Not Least, "Epica", Albums: ThePhantomAgony", "DisignYourUniverse", "Omega", "ConsignToOblivion", "TheDevineConspiracy", Etc... They've A Multitude of Great Albums. I have to mention Lacoona Coil. Although Very Well known to their fans, Some are still unaware of them. They Are In A League All their Own and Have New Releases that are a must for any AmyLee/"Evanescence", "WeAreTheFallen", or "StitchedUpHeart" Fans Playlist. That's just scratching the surface of the talent Women have brought to the table over the past 10 to 20 years. I hope you all Enjoy the choices I've posted. !RockTFoN! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@8MŰŞÏĆįšŁÍFĘ8 Thank you for the recommendations! 

Here are some of my picks:

Sandrafowler820
Local Performer

Jazmín Sullivan Hoax Tales

Listener001
Not applicable

This is a hard one, but I encourage you to listen to singer-songwriter Lori McKenna.

She's a phenomenal songwriter (Tim McGraw's "Humble & Kind"), but she's a really great singer, too, and has many, many albums of her own.

Her last album, The Balladeer , is one of my personal favorites. Go check it out.

KUKIZOE
Opening Act

Tiffany Day. Audrey Nuna. Jenny Nuo. 

Tiff Day's best album imo is the renewal project (its actually an ep)

Audrey Nuna's is a liquid breakfast deluxe

Jenny nuo doesnt have any- 

Lyn Lapid has a bunch of good bops too

Go listen( *´・ω)/(;д; )

♡,
Kuki Yamazoe (KUKIZOE)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great thread with some nice music recommendations.

Similar to @radioBrian - I love that kind of music. I've been really into Samara Joy lately - her music reminds me of Etta James, Billie Holiday, and Ella Fitzgerald.  She has a beautiful voice and won the Grammy award for the Best New Artist category this year.

_500W_500H.jpg

Linger for Awhile by Samara Joy 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

radioBrian
Local Performer
Thank you! I will give her a listen. Appreciate the suggestion. --
Sent from my BriPhone

itchy310
Underground

Jinjer - King of Everything (album) - specific Song -> Pisces

Tags (1)

coolZombie
Local Performer

k.Flay and or Santigold ツ

Miss_Rose
Local Performer

Megan Thee Stallion "Traumazine" 

Whole album is 🔥

JuiciiDreams
Local Performer

any album by 

MS KAROL G !

beautiful entertaining and sexy talented 

Latina Woman right there!!

hedrin7
Local Performer

Also a huge fan of Within Temptation, so you should check out: The Pretty Reckless, Halestorm, Nightwish, Sirena, Jinjer, Spiritbox... Happy listening. 

Meaghanrox79
Local Performer

Great recommendations!! I don't know 3 if them so I will definitely check them out hi

JackPhantom
On the Rise

ANYTHING by Sarah McLachlan. Her story including her takeover and revamping of Nettwerk records is astounding.

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

Nitrohead50
Diamond in the Rough

**ahem** there are so many that come to mind one of the first one to pop in my head was sister Rosetta Tharp, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lainey Wilson,Pistol Annie's.

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since my last post. What a great post to come back and respond to.

I have two albums that I would recommend for all to have in their collection...

1). 17252.jpg My favorite song on this album is #4 Foolish Games. It is also my overall favorite song as well. This album has many great songs including Jewel's first song that put her in the spotlight "Who Will Save Your Soul"

2). so-tonight-that-i-might-see-albums-photo-u1.jfif This is another great album to have in your collection. Mazzy Star and their hit song "Fade Into You" is one of the best in all of 1990s decade of music. This album is well worth the price as well as great music to one's ear.

Have a great weekend dear friend, take care and GOD bless.

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska!!

It's so good to see you back. 😎

I love your picks and will listen to Jewel today in honor of you. 

Hope you have a great weekend as well! 

@AdamPandora thanks my friend. And thank you for welcoming me back, it has been a very trying time the last few months, but life in itself is a challenge. 

Take care my friend, have a wonderful day and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska