cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you add to your Collection? What do you make Playlists for?

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

I've been a long time Pandora Plus subscriber and just recently upgraded to Premium. The on-demand listening is a whole new world for me, and I'm overwhelmed by how to build my account. My typical listening experience is to start one of my Stations, and while listening a particular song might prompt me to (1) go listen to the entire album that song is on or otherwise explore that artist's catalog, or (2) want to 'save' that song in some fashion. It's option #2 that's got me wondering how other folks do it. My Stations are typically geared towards a mood, like "chill music". So, if I hear a chill song I really like, I'm tempted to add it to my Collection, and add it to a "Chill" Playlist. But is it useful to anyone to have individual songs in your Collection? I'm a CD-era listens-to-the-whole-album kind of guy. I'm at a loss for when I would choose to listen to a Playlist (e.g. a "Chill" Playlist vs. my "Chill" Station), or to use my Collection to listen to an individual song, vs an entire album that I like. I'm conflicted on whether I should add absolutely everything that I remotely like to my Collection, or if my Collection should be a scant assortment of only my absolute favorite things that I would specifically listen to often, and then maybe only whole albums? How do you all 'save' that one-off random song you really like - where do you 'put' it, if you're not particularly interested in that artist or album as a whole? What about something you want to save for later - like a new album you want to listen to, but don't know yet if you'll like it? I love that Pandora offers all these features to build your account in a way that suits you, but I'm kind of at a loss as to how best to utilize them. TIA!

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @wisepeppy. 👋

For me personally, I prefer to add to a playlist rather than collect the individual song unless it's something I'm unfamiliar with or want to listen to later. I do collect albums to listen to later, mostly new music. You can collect the songs and then decide which playlists you'd like to add them to. 

What are some of your favorite "chill" stations that you listen to? I'm always in the market for some new tunes. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

My 'chill' music takes a couple forms... one is illustrated by Pandora's Trip Hop Radio, and the other is what I call Bleeding Me Radio, which is broody rock music, inspired by the Metallica song.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wisepeppy I am in a similar boat as @AlyssaPandora - I don't normally add individual songs to my collection. If I do enjoy a particular song, I will add it to one of my existing playlists.

I took a look at your account and do see you've started to build out some playlists as well. I think as you continue to explore Pandora Premium, you will figure out what works best for you.

If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out, or create a new post here on the Community - that's what we're here for!

In the meantime, enjoy the music!