cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are your favorite artists?

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I've spent the last several months curating a playlist of all my favorite songs from the last 42 years from country, pop, R&B and rock artists. I have a total of 228 songs in my faves playlist. I was studying my playlist to determine who my top artists were from the last 42 years. I was going to try to go with my top 20 artists however it ended up being 23. To determine who made the list, I included only artists who had at least 3 songs appearing on my playlist. That is how I came to the number 23 instead of 20 or 25.

My top 23 artists combined have a total of 97 songs out of the 228 songs in my playlist. Additionally, I have 25 other artists who had 2 songs appearing in my playlist and, 81 artists who each had 1 song in my playlist. That's 129 individual artists who made it in my playlist. Obviously it would be too lengthy a post to include every song and artist that is on my playlist. I hope others will share their top artists. It doesn't have to be 23 like mine. Just curious in seeing what artists are your favorite. And now, here's my top 23 artists from the last 42 years.

I had 3 artists who had 7 songs each.
Ed Sheeran: "Thinking Out Loud", " Shape Of You ", " Bad Habits ", " Barcelona ", " Save Myself ", " Perfect " and "Perfect Symphony" (featuring Andrea Boccelli).
Tim McGraw: "Something Like That", " Don't Take The Girl ", " It's Your Love " (featuring Faith Hill), "Live Like You Were Dying", " If You're Reading This ", " Indian Outlaw" and "I Like It, I Love It".
Carrie Underwood: " Two Black Cadillacs ", " Jesus Take The Wheel ", " Before He Cheats" "All American Girl", " Don't Forget To Remember Me ",  " I Told You So " and "If I Didn't Love You" (Jason Aldean & Carrie Underwood).

I had 2 artists who had 6 songs each.
Jack Johnson: "Better Together", " Home ", " Banana Pancakes ", " Cookie Jar ", " Willie Got Me Stoned" and "Shot Reverse Shot".
Jason Mraz: " I'm Yours", "Lucky" (featuring Colbie Caillat), "Life Is Wonderful", " Geek In The Pink ", " I Won't Give Up " ( Straight No Chaser during Jason Mraz) and "Have It All".

I had 3 artists who had 5 songs each.
Shawn Mendes: " Senorita", "Stitches", " If I Can't Have You ", " In My Blood " and "Lost In Japan".
Bruno Mars: " Count On Me ", " The Lazy Song ", " When I Was Your Man ", " That's What I Like " and "Uptown Funk" (Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars).
Jason Aldean: "She's Country", " Dirt Road Anthem", "If I Didn't Love You" (featuring Carrie Underwood), "Gonna Know We Were Here" and "You Make It Easy".

I had 4 artists who had 4 songs each.
Michael Buble': " Dream A Little Dream Of Me ", " Home ", " Me And Mrs. Jones" and "My Funny Valentine".
Luke Bryan: " Country Girl Shake It For Me ", " Play It Again ", " Kick The Dust Up " and "Crash My Party".
Alicia Keys: " If I Ain't Got You " (featuring Usher), "Like You'll Never See Me Again", " You Don't Know My Name " and "Fallin'".
Justin Moore: " Backwoods ", " I Could Kick Your A**", "We Didn't Have Much" and "Bait A Hook".

And finally rounding out the top 23 artists are 11 artists who each had 3 songs.
Edwin McCain: " I Could Not Ask For More ", " Solitude " and "I'll Be".
Train: " Play That Song ", " Hey Soul Sister " and "I Got You".
Brad Paisley: " Whiskey Lullaby ", " I'm Still A Guy " and "He Didn't Have To Be".
Kenny Chesney: " There Goes My Life ", " You Had Me From Hello " and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy".
Blake Shelton: " Ol' Red ", " Home" and "Doin' What She Likes".
Straight No Chaser: " Jolene" (featuring Dolly Parton), " I Won't Give Up " (featuring Jason Mraz) and "I'm Yours/Somewhere Over The Rainbow".
Randy Travis: " I Told You So ", " On The Other Hand " and "Diggin' Up Bones".
Bon Jovi: " Wanted Dead Or Alive ", " You Give Love A Bad Name " and "Livin' On A Prayer".
Prince: " When Doves Cry ", " Purple Rain " and "Kiss".
Aerosmith: " Dude", "Rag Doll" and "Walk This Way" ( Run D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith).
Usher: "My Boo", " U Got It Bad " and "If I Ain't Got You" (Alicia Keys featuring Usher).

I look forward to reading what others have to say. Peace!

5 Replies

Jazzlynn172005
On the Rise

I have a lot of artists that I really like. There are too many to choose just one for me.

Jazzlynn M. Schrader

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Feel free to list as few or as many artists as you like.

Jazzlynn172005
On the Rise

Billie Eilish, Blackpink, Nicki Minaj, Bts are just some of the artists that i like

Jazzlynn M. Schrader

1. Jewel
  2. Birdy
  3. Alanis Morissette 
  4. Mazzy Star
  5. Lauren Daigle 
  6. Astraea
  7. The Black Crowes
  8. Dr. Hook 🪝 & Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show
  9. Chris Stapleton 
  10. Bruce Springsteen
  11. Adele 
  12. Olivia Rodrigo 
  13. T`Pau
  14. Stick Figure
  15. John Legend
  16. 4 Non Blondes
  17. Led Zeppelin 
  18. Pearl Jam 
  19. Ottis Redding 
  20. A Fine Frenzy 
  21. Freya Ridings 
  22. Maggie Roger's
  23. Beyonce 
  24. Leona Lewis
  25. Alicia Keys 
  26. Jimi Hendricks 
  27. CCR (Credence Clearwater Revival)
  28. Janice Joplin
  29. Sam Smith
  30. Lynyrd Skynyrd
  31. Romance Watson
  32. George Jones 
  33. Emmy Lou Harris
  34. Pink Floyd 
  35. Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band
  36. Five For Fighting 
  37. Duffy
  38. Daniel Lanois
  39. Billy Joel 
  40. The Who
  41. The Dave Matthews Band
  42. The Pretenders
  43. Jane Siberry
  44. Sarah McLaughlin
  45. Andra Day
  46. Norah Jones
  47. Ruelle
  48. Gary Wright
  49. Bread
  50. Tracy Chapman
  51. P!nk 
  52. Nashville Cast
  53. Lord
  54. The Badpiper
  55. The Verve
  56. James Blunt
  57. Jackie Evancho
  58. Guns 'N' Roses
  59. Brandi Carlile
  60. Bobbie Gentry
  61. The Righteous Brothers 
  62. Enya
  63. Bette Midler
  64. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
  65. The Cars
  66. Johnny Nash
  67. Escala
  68. George Ezra 
  69. James Bay
  70. Jessie Ware
  71. Billie Eilish
  72. Little Big Town
  73. Elton John
  74. Mini pop
  75. Ellie Goulding 
  76. Ray LaMontagne
  77. Thievery Corporation 
  78. Flunk
  79. Erika Wennerstrom
  80. Christina Perri
  81. Rachel Platten
  82. Elizaveta
  83. David Tolk
  84. Cloves
  85. Halsey
  86. Sia 
  87. U2
  88. Fergie
  89. Miley Cirus
  90. Katy Perry
  91. Judy Collins
  92. Delta Goodrem
  93. Demi Lovato
  94. Phil Collins 
  95. Bebe Rexha
  96. Fleetwood Mac
  97. Laura Reed
  98. Mindy Smith
  99. Styx
  100. Florence + The Machine

That is my top 100 music artists. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Jazzlynn172005
On the Rise

can we talk on pm plz

Jazzlynn M. Schrader