Anna040306
Opening Act

17 Replies

Jem1818
Local Performer

Both

DustyBoots8972
Opening Act

Pop for sure. I don't have anything against country tho.

Destiny33
Local Performer

Def pop; I like some country but pop is where its at.

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Not to sound like the curmudgeon that I am, but I fail to see any appreciable difference these days.

"Old Town Road" --- a trap song done by a guy in a cowboy hat. 

Taylor Swift basically changed up from "country" to "pop" with no real need to change gears much except maybe change an instrument or two.

Most "country" songs are just guitar-heavy rock songs done by a guy who realized that the only people that still pay money for physical media (which is the only way an artist really gets paid) are rural folks who don't really stream. 

Not to knock streaming, pop or country, but watching a guy in a straw cowboy hat basically play rock music and then drag out a nitromethane engine as a half time show - there's a part of me that wishes for people who sound like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and/or any of a number of artists from yesteryear to come back.

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

kvriesen
Local Performer

EASY!! 

COUNTRY ! 100%

SpacedOut1
Underground
Pop. Although a lot of country is starting to sound like Pop & R&B.

seiler171
Local Performer

I can right off you don't like traditional classic country from your comments you just made. maybe I need to find another music station?

seiler171
Local Performer

I did not say today's socalled country music, I am referring to traditional classic music of yesteryear.

love2
Underground

Pop, I feel up beat leasyening to it.😁

TannerPandora

I'm a fan of both - by the way I love @JackPhantom use of the word 'curmudgeon'. ❤️

My only * here is that I  like old school country and usually go that way when listening. But have always been into Pop, all generations 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Hailea_Sinclair
Local Performer

Country all the way yall.🤠

Anna040306I like both. My favorite in Pop is Jewel, as far as Country goes, I like the older style Country music. I have to agree with some of the comments about today's Country sounding more like Pop then Country. Not all, but definitely most. Great question, happy to participate. Take care and stay safe.   

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anna040306 Pop for me! 🎶

I don't know much about country music nor have I listened to it.

Do you have any favorite artists or songs you'd like to share? Feel free to send over some recommendations! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AlyssaPandora  this was my dad's favorite country song. https://pandora.app.link/JxGRZCMaM9  . This next one is my mom's favorite country singer, and her favorite song.  https://pandora.app.link/8vdsQ3YaM9 . This is what I consider real country style music. This is what I grew up listening to. My favorite country song, it is a beautiful song, as well as a classic, by a classy and very humble woman.  https://pandora.app.link/yRJKiZgbM9  . Today's country is much like pop music. Enjoy these 3 country classic hit's. Have a great week Alyssa. Take care and be safe.     

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! @MOHLovesAlaska Thanks for sharing those tunes. I'll check them out!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

damienwoleben51
Opening Act

pop is good!!

Listener001
Not applicable

How about both? If I'm having a good day ill be switching back and forth between the two.

Wait ... what type of pop though cause if it's Kpop ... I'll have to choose pop.

@AlyssaPandora  here is a list of a couple of country songs to listen too

https://pandora.app.link/G8mpJLnlbjb