I'm using Pandora on my Windows 10 computer on the web via Chrome Version 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit).
I do not use any ad blocker and never have. I consider them dishonest, as I feel I pay for my content through viewing or listening to ads. Yet every time I load Pandora now I'm getting a very annoying, talking, loud, popup telling me that I have an ad blocker with instructions to disable it or whitelist Pandora. I can still listen to Pandora after dismissing it, but it's getting really annoying and intrusive and is happening over and over again.
Obviously, whatever methods Pandora's engineers are using to detect an ad blocker is getting a false positive on one of my other extensions. I've attached a screenshot of my extensions to help.
If I had to guess, it would be one of these:
Please let me know if there's anything else you need to resolve this issue, as it has become highly intrusive and annoying.
mod edit: changed title for clarity
Pretty incredible that three years later Pandora still hasn't fixed this issue. My favorite part is that all of the banners show on my browser so there definitley is no ad blocker on. A simple refesh solves it, but still, this is a bug that should be fixable.
I'm with @petts1 on this one - it has been happening for years (which is crazy...), I have no obvious ad blockers installed, and I can solve it by refreshing the Pandora web page in my Chrome browser. I finally decided to look into this myself... and now here I am, reading this very unimpressive thread. I see that it took many months for @AlyssaPandora to give a <blank> about this issue, as she keeps referring people back to the "accepted solution" that totally does not work for most people (we don't have Kaspersky!!).
I am on Windows 10, and have verified that Windows Defender is turned off. I do have McAfee Total Protection, but do not see anywhere I can whitelist sites within that. But finally, I found that Chrome itself has built in web blocking. If you go into Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Site Settings -> Additional Content Settings -> Intrusive Ads, there is an option to allow any website to display any ad. I just turned that on, so I don't know if that fixes the problem yet, but I'm posting it now because who knows if I'll come back to this thread...