can not find ad blocker

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Bulldogg43. 👋

It sounds like you're triggering a complimentary session of Pandora Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, however, you are subscribed to Plus (ad-free).

Here's more info about Premium sessions:

• These complimentary sessions are supported by advertisements, so you'll need to disable your ad blocker to watch the ad and start your Premium listening experience. 
  • If you'd like to avoid this message in the future, just select the Start Station button to the left of the play button.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.
  • To learn more about Premium and these complimentary sessions please check out this article: Premium Sessions

Rest assured your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees. 

++

Allowlist Pandora:

To allow ads on our site, if you'd like to use Premium sessions, you’ll need to “allowlist” Pandora.

Note: you can do so without turning off your ad-blocker completely. You can find out more information here: How to Allowlist Pandora with your Ad Blocker

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Bulldogg43. 👋

It sounds like you're triggering a complimentary session of Pandora Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, however, you are subscribed to Plus (ad-free).

Here's more info about Premium sessions:

• These complimentary sessions are supported by advertisements, so you'll need to disable your ad blocker to watch the ad and start your Premium listening experience. 
  • If you'd like to avoid this message in the future, just select the Start Station button to the left of the play button.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.
  • To learn more about Premium and these complimentary sessions please check out this article: Premium Sessions

Rest assured your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees. 

++

Allowlist Pandora:

To allow ads on our site, if you'd like to use Premium sessions, you’ll need to “allowlist” Pandora.

Note: you can do so without turning off your ad-blocker completely. You can find out more information here: How to Allowlist Pandora with your Ad Blocker

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

dianesmith1
Local Performer

I have paid for ad free pandora. Now it won" play at all, something about using an ad blocker, What is going on? I would like to listen to my music.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dianesmith1. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. 

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here.

It looks like you're triggering a complimentary session of Pandora Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, however, you are subscribed to Plus. 

You can find out more about how free Premium sessions work here: Premium Sessions

++

Allowlist Pandora:

0 Kudos

mhague
Local Performer

I am having this issue. I am on a windows computer with the website. I am using Chrome. The message that pops up is a white box and it has two options. One to refresh and the other for support. The support option goes nowhere and says that site is not available. The message reads: "We are having trouble playing audio on this device. We can't load media right now. This is commonly caused by overzealous ad blockers or privacy extensions. Please check that your browser extensions are not blocking our audio and refresh the page. If you continue to see this error you should contact support."

I do not know how to check browser extensions. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mhague. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here.

It sounds like you may be triggering a complimentary session of Pandora Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, however, you are subscribed to Plus. 

You can find out more about how free Premium sessions work here: Premium Sessions

++

Allowlist Pandora:

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

matildajuly
Local Performer

I am trying to listen at work where I don't have administrative privileges to adjust the ad blocker. I upgraded my account to Plus so I could avoid the ad blocker pop-up, but I'm still getting it. What am I paying for? I still can't listen at work because of the ad blocker.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @matildajuly. 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

You may be running into network firewalls at work. Sometimes IT departments decide to limit their user's access to music streaming services like Pandora. You may want to check with your IT department to find a solution for the ad-blocker with Pandora specifically. 

Some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature: 

Are you able to use the Pandora Desktop App?

You can also bypass using your web browser to stream Pandora by downloading our Desktop App.

0 Kudos

anotherloginyay
Local Performer

I am using ad-blocking. I have a paid subscription. If I'm paying, why am I getting a message that my ad/telemetry blocking is causing a problem? I should not have ads if I pay. How will you remedy this or do I cancel subscription. I won't put up with nagging AND paying.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @anotherloginyay. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any confusion.

Based on your message it sounds like you've initiated a Premium Access session. Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

If you'd like to avoid this message in the future, just select the Start Station button to the left of the play button.

I hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos