cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse missing on new desktop PC app

rfadden
Local Performer

Had to install new app on Windows10 when old one failed. The new app only provides My Stations or Create, no option to Browse Pandora stations.  Help! I'm forced to use web browser instead.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @rfadden. 👋

Posting this here as well. Based on this screenshot you sent over, it looks like you're using an older version of the Pandora Windows 10 Desktop app.

image001.png

We no longer support the old Windows 10 app, so we'd recommend that you uninstall it and install the new desktop app.

To do that:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu.
  2. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  3. Next, find our new app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Note: You'll need Windows 10 in order to use the Pandora App for Windows. Windows 10 is a free upgrade for any Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 user, depending on hardware compatibility. You can find more information on how to update your OS here.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @rfadden. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I can help with troubleshooting the Pandora Desktop App for your Windows computer.

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

• Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
  • From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
    Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

++

Screenshot:

If you continue to have trouble with this after running through the steps, could you send over a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

• If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.
  • Then attach that file in your next post.

Let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

rfadden
Local Performer

Thanks for your reply!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, which is how I got here to begin with; before that starting the app just displayed a server error message, no GUI.  I'd be happy to send a screenshot, but given it's a picture of what's NOT there, what screen should I capture?  I don't know where "Browse" should appear, since all my attempts to find it have failed.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rfadden Browse should be located at the top of the screen as shown here:

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 9.17.40 AM.png

Can you please send us a screenshot of what your screen looks like?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

rfadden
Local Performer

I entered a screenshot yesterday or the day before, but now I don't see it in this thread.  My top level screen is "My Stations", with a menu icon (horizontal lines) in the upper left hand corner.  Clicking the icon results in the list Pandora, My Stations, and Settings.  Both the Pandora and My Stations entries just return to the same My Stations screen. 

0 Kudos

rfadden
Local Performer

I tried inserting the photo again, but it's not in the thread (again).  Clearly I don't know how to do that correctly.  I'm using the "Insert Photos" icon and choosing the desired JPEG file in the resulting screen. Apparently whatever I'm trying after that doesn't work, since nothing shows up in this thread.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, @rfadden. Thanks so much for sticking with us on this.

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE);
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left);
  5. Windows version & build;
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

rfadden
Local Performer

Sorry for the delay in response, but here's my info:

1. device is Asus convertible tablet Model T100TAM 

2. desktop mode

3. WiFi connection

4. Pandora V 13.0.39.1000 

5. Windows 10 Home V 2004 build 19041.685

6. Server Error

We're sorry, there has been an unexpected error with our server.

Please try again, or visit the Pandora Home Page

7. Pandora streams normally thru Firefox, which is how I'm using it for now.  

This is not a Preview Build of Windows. 

Thanks again for your help,

Rick

0 Kudos

rfadden
Local Performer

BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm now back to just getting the Server Error message noted above; I no longer get the Manage Stations screen.  Last time this happened I uninstalled and reinstalled, which resulted in the Manage Stations screen as being the top level display.  Uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly just to get to only the Manage Stations screen hardly seems worth the effort.  -Rick

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rfadden Thank you for the update.

I'm going to send over an email to see if we can gather a screenshot to share with our engineering team. 

Please keep an eye out for my email - if you don't see it soon, don't forget to check your spam / junk folder. 📬

Thanks for sticking with me during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @rfadden. 👋

Posting this here as well. Based on this screenshot you sent over, it looks like you're using an older version of the Pandora Windows 10 Desktop app.

image001.png

We no longer support the old Windows 10 app, so we'd recommend that you uninstall it and install the new desktop app.

To do that:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu.
  2. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  3. Next, find our new app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Note: You'll need Windows 10 in order to use the Pandora App for Windows. Windows 10 is a free upgrade for any Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 user, depending on hardware compatibility. You can find more information on how to update your OS here.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

rfadden
Local Performer

I'm sorry but this was not a solution. I had already installed the latest version multiple times, but did so again now since you requested it, with exactly the same results. The version shows up as 13.0.29.1000, which is the same as I noted in a previous reply.  I've been working in the computer field for over 50 years, so I don't need quite as much hand-holding as you may think.  The latest version of Pandora in the Windows Store is the one giving me this result.  Is there something else that might need to be changed, such as an entry in the registry?

Thanks,

Rick Fadden

0 Kudos